Time & Location
25-Sept-2022, 7:45 am – 5:00 pm
Khadkawane, RWCC+HPV, Khadkawane, Maharashtra 401403, India
About the Event
Trek to Asherigad in Palghar region, one of the major forts in this region. The fort built during Shilahar Dynasty, later Portuguese captured it in 1556, Marathas conquered the fort in 1737, later the fort was captured by British in 1818.
The trek starts at the Khodkona village, passing through dense cover, later the ladder section, also a forest god sculptured on wood called as Waghoba is seen in the midway. At the summit there is a cave, few water cisterns, a quiet massive plateau where Adsull opposite to this fort, Kohoj forts are visible in clear weather.
- Grade: Medium
- Endurance: Moderate
- Trek Distance: 8KM approx
- The Highest Elevation: 435M
- Base village: Khodkona
- Reporting at Boisar Railway Station - 07:45AM (Board the 05:24AM Churchgate to Dahanu Road Fast train in Western line)
- Travel by hired vehicle from Boisar to the base village - 45 minutes.
- Breakfast - 30 minutes.
- Event Briefing - 15 minutes.
- Ascend trek to Asherigad - 2 hours
- Explore and rest at the summit - 1 hour.
- Descent trek to the base village - 2 hours
- Lunch Break - 1 hour.
- Travel by the hired vehicle to Boisar station - 45 minutes.
✔ Travel from Boisar
✔ Veg Lunch
✔ Our Expertise
How to Register:
Step -1: Book your seat through online payment on our website at https://www.ramblersindia.com/event-info/asherigad or UPI/ NEFT to RamblersIndia Current Account.
Step-2: Fill up the participation disclaimer form, which will be sent after payment confirmation.
A WhatsApp group of the registered participants will be created in the evening on the day of the event departure for travel coordination.
What to Wear:
- Trekking/ Hiking shoes with a sturdy grip.
- Comfortable quick-dry full sleeve quick dry shirt/ tshirt.
- Full-length hiking trousers (avoid jeans or cotton wear).
Things to Carry:
- Carry a single rucksack with the following things:
- Minimum 2 liters of water.
- Raincoat/ Poncho, Cap.
- Food items like fruits, dry fruits, energy bars, healthy snacks.
- Toiletry kit, sunscreen lotion, mosquito repellent.
- Extra set of clothes, an extra pair of socks, flip-flops.
- Hiking pole.
- Litter bag for non-biodegradable (plastic) litter.
- Personal medicines.
- Identity Proof.
- Participants should bring an ID Card for their safety.
- Participant to fill up the mandatory disclaimer online form with accurate details after payment confirmation.
- Please do not cause delay and cause inconvenience for others and impact the schedule if you are not able to reach the pickup point at the said time.
- Below 16 must take the consent of the parents to participate.
- Participants will be notified in advance when the itinerary is modified/ the event gets cancelled due to any unforeseen circumstances.
- If there is an unexpected change in weather during the event, our team has the right to withdraw/ retreat.
- Do not play loud music or tease animals during the trek.
- Any kind of misconduct from the participant will not be tolerated by our team.
- Avoid using deodorant or perfume on the day of the trek.
- Participants are liable for personal expenses that are not mentioned in the pricing.
- Event schedule may delay or advance due to unforeseen conditions, so timings aren't mentioned except the event start and end time.
- Alcohol consumption/ smoking/ any kind of intoxication is strictly prohibited. Will be expelled from the event If found with consumption.
- Please do not litter any plastic; we strictly adhere to Leave No Trace principles.
- Washroom facility is inadequate during the trek.
- Participants should coordinate, maintain discipline, and align together as a team during the event.
- Avoid wearing expensive accessories/ Jewelry in the outdoor event.
- Please do not expect luxury facilities and appreciate being cooperative with fellow ramblers.
- Though we assure safety as a top priority, the RamblersIndia team is not responsible for any severe injuries or fatal events.
- No group discount is applicable.
- We rely on third-party payment gateways to make the registration process simple and easy, it also includes the convenience fee along with the event fee which is to be borne by the participant during check out.
- If a participant cancels their registration one day before the event or on the day of the event, a refund of 40% of the event fee is provided, Refer to the Payment & Refund Policy on our website.
- No refund will be provided if the participant doesn't show up on the day of the event, and also no refund if missed the local train.
9 hours 15 minutes
Asherigad Monsoon Trek
Included ✔ Travel from Palghar ✔ Breakfast ✔ Veg Lunch ✔ Our Expertise