Fri, 18 Feb|
Vasota fort and Baramotichi vihir
• Boating in Koyna backwaters • Lakeside camping in the tents • Trek through forest cover • Baramotichi Vihir •
Time & Location
18-Feb-2022, 11:00 pm – 20-Feb-2022, 10:00 pm
Vasota, Vasota, Maharashtra 415013, India
About the Event
Trek to Vasota Fort, situated in the forest adjoining the shivsagar lake of koyna dam. The voyage by boat to the fort from Bamnoli is thrilling, later the trek is through the thick forest of Koyna Wildlife Sanctuary to reach the main fort. Moving further to the tip of the fort, old Babu Kada of Vasota is seen which reminds Kokankada of Harishchandragad. The majority of the fort has been covered by thick forest cover. The fort also plays a prominent role in the history from the Shilahara dynasty to the British.
Post trek we will be camping at the Bamnoli on the banks of the lake and on the second-day en-route Mumbai we will be visiting Baramotichi Vihir, the magnificent architecture of an ancient stepwell.
Grade: Easy, Endurance: low, Highest Elevation: 1170M, trek distance 7 k.m. approx.
- Boating in Koyna backwaters.
- Lakeside camping in the tents.
- Trek through forest cover.
- Baramotichi Vihir.
₹3100 per head, Inclusive of transport from Mumbai by hired NON-AC vehicle; Breakfast, forest admission fee, boating charges, Veg Lunch, evening snacks, Veg dinner, tent stay on DAY1 & breakfast, Veg Lunch on DAY2.
₹2800 per head, Inclusive of transport from Pune by hired NON-AC vehicle; Breakfast, forest admission fee, boating charges, Veg Lunch, evening snacks, Veg dinner, tent stay on DAY1 & breakfast, Veg Lunch on DAY2.
Excluded: snacks/ lunch break during travel, Cool drinks, or any personal expenses.
How to Register:
- Book your seat through online payment on our website or UPI/ NEFT to RamblersIndia Current Account ( send us the screenshot of the transaction).
- Fill up the Mandatory participation disclaimer form which will be sent after payment confirmation and select the preferable pickup location.
- We will create a WhatsApp group of the registered participants in the evening on the day of the event departure for coordination.
What to Wear:
- Trekking shoes/ hiking boots.
- Full sleeve synthetic/ polyester t-shirt/ shirt.
- Full-length hiking trousers/ track-pant.
Things to Carry:
- Minimum 3 litres of water.
- Food items like fruits, dry fruits, energy bars, healthy snacks.
- Cap/ Hat, Bandana.
- Hiking pole.
- Tiffin box for packed lunch.
- Compact/ foldable backpack during the trek.
- Sleeping bag/ blankets for bedding.
- Spare set of clothes, extra pair of socks.
- Toiletry kit, sunscreen lotion & mosquito repellent.
- flip flops during travel.
- A litter bag for non-biodegradable (plastic) litter.
- Spare face masks, Hand Sanitizer.
- Personal medicines.
- Identity Proof.
- Participants should bring an ID Card for their safety.
- Participants are requested to wear the mask at all times during the travel and follow the Covid-19 travel protocols issued by MOHFW.
- Participants should fill up the mandatory disclaimer online form with accurate details after payment confirmation.
- Inaccurate details in the disclaimer form won’t be accepted and our team may request to refill the disclaimer.
- Below 16 must take the consent of the parents to participate.
- Please do not cause delay and cause inconvenience for others and impact the schedule.
- Participants will be notified in advance when the itinerary is modified/the event gets cancelled due to any unforeseen circumstances.
- If there is an unexpected change in weather during the event, the organiser has the right to withdraw/ retreat.
- Do not play music or tease animals during the trek.
- Avoid using deodorant or perfume on the day of the trek.
- Participants are liable for spendings during trek and travel intermissions.
- The event schedule may delay or advance due to unforeseen conditions so timings aren't mentioned except the event start time.
- Alcohol consumption/ smoking/ any kind of intoxication is strictly prohibited. Will be expelled from the event If found with consumption.
- Any kind of misconduct from the participant will be tolerated by our team.
- Please do not litter any plastic; we commit to keeping our events clean.
- A refundable deposit has to be paid at the forest check post at the trek start point.
- The washroom facility is available at the base village.
- Participants should coordinate, maintain discipline and align together as a team during the event.
- Avoid wearing expensive accessories/ Jewellery on the trek.
- Please do not expect luxury facilities and appreciate being cooperative with fellow participants.
- Though we assure safety as a top priority, the RamblersIndia team is not responsible for any severe injuries or fatal events.
- No concession is available for bringing your own tent.
- No group discount is applicable.
- We rely on third-party payment gateways to make the registration process simple and easy, it also includes the convenience fee along with the event fee which is to be borne by the participant during check out.
- If a participant cancels their registration one day before the event or on the day of the event, a refund of 40% is paid, Refer to the Payment & Refund Policy on our website.
Inclusive of transport from Mumbai by hired NON-AC vehicle; Breakfast, forest admission fee, boating charges, Veg Lunch, evening snacks, Veg dinner, tent stay on DAY1 & breakfast, Veg Lunch on DAY2. Excluded: snacks/ lunch break during travel, Cool drinks, or any personal expenses.
Inclusive of transport from Pune by hired NON-AC vehicle; Breakfast, forest admission fee, boating charges, Veg Lunch, evening snacks, Veg dinner, tent stay on DAY1 & breakfast, Veg Lunch on DAY2. Excluded: snacks/ lunch break during travel, Cool drinks, or any personal expenses.