Sat, 11 Jun|
Fireflies Sighting at Samrad and rappelling
• Fireflies sighting • Serene camping location • Delicious homemade food • 120 feet rappelling at Sandhan Valley•
Time & Location
11-Jun-2022, 3:00 pm – 12-Jun-2022, 3:00 pm
Samrad, Samrad, Maharashtra 422604, India
About the Event
Pre-monsoon is a good time to the fireflies, a light emitting beetle produced by a bioluminescence chemical process. To witness these beautiful magical experience we will be visiting to the interiors near Samrad where at some spots they are seen in abundance on many trees.
In this event, we will be travelling from Kasara by hired local jeep to the outskirts of Samrad, witness the magical experience, later hike to the primitive camping location near Samrad village at the foothills of Ratangad fort, relish homemade food. On the second day, take a stroll to the Sandhan Valley starting point, experience the thrill of rappelling into the valley. Later, hike to the villager's home, have delicious lunch.
We provide certified good quality climbing equipment during the rappelling along with a qualified technical person handling the setup.
- Fireflies sighting
- Serene camping location.
- Delicious homemade food.
- 120 feet rappelling at Sandhan Valley.
- Reporting time at Kasara Railway station - 03:00 PM (Board the 12:30 PM CSMT - Kasara local train)
- Event Briefing & introduction - 15 min.
- Road Journey from Kasara Railway station to Samrad - 3 hours.
- Behold the fireflies near Bhandardara and Samrad
- Reach campsite and set up tents.
- Dinner at villager's home.
- Bed time in tents (bring your own bedding).
- Wake-up call - 07:00 AM.
- Fresh up and breakfast - 45 min.
- Hike to the Sandhan Valley entrance - 1 hour.
- Rappelling in the valley.
- Hike to Samrad village - 30 min.
- Lunch Break - 1 hour.
- Return journey to Kasara Railway station - 2 ½ hours.
✔ Transport by hired vehicle from Kasara
✔ Veg Dinner on DAY 1
✔ Breakfast and VEG Lunch on DAY 2
✔ Camping in Tents on sharing basis
✔ 120 feet rappelling
✔ Forest Entry Fee
✘ Snacks break on the highway or any personal expenses
How to Register:
Step -1: Book your seat through online payment on our or UPI/ NEFT to RamblersIndia Current Account.
Step-2: Fill up the Mandatory participation disclaimer form, which will be sent after payment confirmation.
Step -3: We will create a WhatsApp group of the registered participants in the morning on the day of the event departure for coordination.
What to Wear:
• hiking boots/ sports shoes.
• Comfortable quick dry clothes.
Things to Carry:
• Minimum 2 liters of water.
• Sleeping bag or thick blanket for bedding.
• Poncho/ raincoat/ umbrella.
• Toiletry kit, sunscreen lotion, mosquito repellent.
• Extra set of clothes, flip-flops.
• Torch with spare batteries.
• Spare face masks, Hand Sanitizer.
• Personal medicines.
• Identity Proof.
- Participants should bring an ID Card for their safety.
- After payment, a registered participant will need to fill up the mandatory disclaimer online form with accurate details, else will be asked to refill by the event host.
- Inaccurate details in the disclaimer form won’t be accepted and our team may request to refill the disclaimer.
- Below 16 must take the consent of the parents to participate.
- Please do not cause delay and cause inconvenience for others and impact the schedule.
- Participants will be notified in advance when the itinerary is modified/the event gets canceled due to any unforeseen circumstances.
- If there is an unexpected change in weather during the event, the organizer has the right to withdraw/ retreat.
- Tented accommodation is on a sharing basis with fellow participants.
- Participants are liable for spending during trek and travel intermissions.
- The event schedule may delay or advance due to unforeseen conditions, so timings aren't mentioned except the event start time.
- Alcohol consumption/ smoking/ any kind of intoxication is strictly prohibited. Will be expelled from the event If found with consumption.
- Any kind of misconduct from the participant will not be tolerated by our team.
- Please do not litter any plastic; we commit to keeping our events clean.
- The washroom facility is not available at the campsite, it’s available at the villager’s place where lunch will be served on DAY 2.
- Please do not expect glamping facilities as this is a raw campsite that is just set up exclusively for the camping event by pitching the tents.
- Participants should coordinate, maintain discipline and align together as a team during the event.
- Avoid wearing expensive accessories/ Jewelry.
- Please do not expect luxury facilities and appreciate being cooperative with fellow participants.
- Though we assure safety as a top priority, the RamblersIndia team is not responsible for any severe injuries or fatal events.
- No concession for bringing your own tent or climbing gear.
- No group discount is applicable.
- We rely on third-party payment gateways to make the registration process simple and easy, it also includes the convenience fee along with the event fee which is to be borne by the participant during check out.
- If a participant cancels their registration one day before the event or on the day of the event, a refund of 40% is paid, Refer to the Payment & Refund Policy on our website.
- No refund will be provided if the participant doesn't show up on the day of the event, and also no refund if missed the local train.
Reporting at Kasara
Included ✔ Transport by hired vehicle from Kasara ✔ Veg Dinner on DAY 1 ✔ Breakfast and VEG Lunch on DAY 2 ✔ Camping in Tents on sharing basis ✔ 120 feet rappelling ✔ Forest Entry Fee Excluded ✘ Snacks break on the highway or any personal expenses
Reporting at Campsite
Included ✔ Veg Dinner on DAY 1 ✔ Breakfast and VEG Lunch on DAY 2 ✔ Camping in Tents on sharing basis ✔ 120 feet rappelling Excluded ✘ Forest Entry Fee ✘ Any personal expense