Fri, 21 Oct|
Rajgad to Raigad Range Trek
• Historical forts of Maratha kingdom • Rajgad to Torna trail • The trail from Rajgad to Raigad via Boratyachi naal • Camping in tents at Mohiri, base village of Lingana • Traditional Maharashtrian local cuisine •
Time & Location
21-Oct-2022, 11:00 pm – 24-Oct-2022, 10:00 pm
Raigad, Raigad, Maharashtra 402305, India
About the Event
Experience a three-day thrilling range trek covering the three prestigious forts in the history of the Hindawi Swarajya: Rajgad - Torna - Raigad forts.
Our trek starts from Pali village for Padmavati machi at Rajgad fort, then towards Torna fort from Sanjivani machi with a lunch break. Descending through Valanjai Darwaja towards Bhatti village, we will travel by vehicle to Mohiri village and rest for the day. The next day we start our descent through Boratyachi naal towards Pane village, Lunch en route, and proceed towards Pachad village for the rest of the day. Early in the morning, we will resume our trek to the Raigad fort to pay tribute to the Shivaji Maharaj.
Rajgad, the royal fort of Maharashtra was the first capital of the Hindawi swarajya during the rule of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj for almost 26 years, after which he moved the capital to Raigad Fort. The diameter of the fort at the base is 40 km making it difficult for anybody to lay siege to it, adding to its strategic value.
Highest Elevation: 1374 Metres, Grade: Moderate.
Torna is one of the highest hill forts in Maharashtra & moderately tough to climb. Shri Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj conquered it in 1643 at the age of 16 and renamed it as Prachandagad which translates to the ‘Massive Fort’
Highest Elevation: 1405 Metres, Grade: Moderate
Raigad, the next capital after Rajgad, represents the strength of Hindavi swarajya. The fort was considered safe as it is surrounded by high mountains and rivers. One can see both Rajgad and Torna fort from Raigad.
Highest elevation: 1356 Metres, Grade: Easy-Moderate
Grade: Moderate, Endurance: High, Total trek distance: 50KM approx.
- Historical forts of Maratha kingdom.
- Rajgad to Torna trail.
- The trail from Rajgad to Raigad via Boratyachi naal.
- Camping in tents at Mohiri, base village of Lingana.
- Traditional Maharashtrian local cuisine.
- Private vehicle journey from Dadar East at 11:00 PM with pickup points at Chembur, Vashi, Panvel, and Pune ( exact locations will be shared with the registered participants).
- Reach base village (Pali) - 05:30 AM.
- Fresh up & Breakfast - 45 min.
- Event briefing - 15 minutes.
- Ascend trek to Padmavati machi at Rajgad - 2 hours approx.
- Short break – 30 min.
- Descend from Sanjivani machi towards Torna fort base. 4 hours approx
- Lunch break – 1 hour.
- Ascend to Torna 2 hours approx.
- Short break - 1 hour.
- Descend towards Bhatti village – 2 hours approx.
- Bhatti village to Mohiri village by arranged vehicle – 30 min approx.
- Dinner break - 1 hour.
- Rest in tents at Bhatti village
- Wake up call - 5:30 a.m.
- Fresh up & breakfast - 1 hour.
- descent trek from Boratyachi Naal to Pane village– 6 hours approx.
- Lunch break – 2 hours.
- Trek towards Raigad base - 2 hours approx.
- Rest for the day at Pachad village.
- Wake-up call - 5:30 a.m.
- Fresh up & breakfast - 1 hour.
- Ascend Raigad fort- 2 hours approx.
- explore Raigad fort- 2 hours approx.
- Descend Raigad fort- 2 hours approx.
- Ascend & explore Raigad fort- 4 hours approx.
- Lunch Break - 1 hour.
- The return journey to Pune/ Mumbai.
₹3200 per head, Inclusive of transport from Mumbai by hired NON-AC vehicle; Breakfast, Veg Lunch, Veg dinner, tent stay on DAY1; Breakfast, Veg Lunch, Veg dinner, tent stay/ Dorm stay on DAY2; Breakfast, Veg Lunch on Day 3.
₹3000 per head from Pune, inclusive of Travel, food, and stay expenses.
Excluded: snacks/ lunch break during travel, Cool drinks, or any personal expenses.
How to Register
Step -1: Book your seat through online payment on our website or UPI/ NEFT to RamblersIndia Current Account.
Step-2: Fill up the Mandatory participation disclaimer form which will be sent after payment confirmation and select the preferable pickup location.
Step -3: We will create a WhatsApp group of the registered participants in the evening on the day of the event departure for coordination.
What to Wear:
- Trekking shoes/ hiking boots.
- Full sleeve synthetic/ polyester t-shirt/ shirt.
- Full-length hiking trousers/ track-pant.
Things to Carry:
Carry a single rucksack with the following things:
- Minimum 3 liters of water.
- Sleeping bag & Sleeping mat for bedding.
- Cap/ Hat & Buff/ Bandana.
- Winter clothing (windcheater/ fleece jacket/ sweater & beanie cap).
- Cutlery (Glass, Tiffin box, and Spoon for packed lunch).
- Food items like fruits, dry fruits, energy bars, healthy snacks.
- Toiletry kit, sunscreen lotion, mosquito repellent.
- 2 Extra sets of quick-dry clothes, an extra pair of socks, flip flops.
- Head Torch/ Torch with spare batteries.
- Compact foldable backpack (Optional).
- Hiking pole.
- Litter bag for non-biodegradable (plastic) litter.
- Spare face masks, Hand Sanitizer.
- Personal medicines.
- Identity Proof.
- Participants should bring an ID Card for their safety.
- Participants are requested to wear the mask at all times during the travel and follow the Covid-19 travel protocols issued by MOHFW
- After payment, a registered participant will need to fill up the mandatory disclaimer online form with accurate details else will be asked to refill by the event host.
- Inaccurate details in the disclaimer form won’t be accepted and our team may request to refill the disclaimer.
- Below 16 must take the consent of the parents to participate.
- Please do not cause delay and cause inconvenience for others and impact the schedule.
- Participants will be notified in advance when the itinerary is modified/the event gets canceled due to any unforeseen circumstances.
- If there is an unexpected change in weather during the event, the organizer has the right to withdraw/ retreat.
- Do not play music or tease animals during the trek.
- Avoid using deodorant or perfume on the day of the trek.
- Participants are liable for spendings during trek and travel intermissions.
- The event schedule may delay or advance due to unforeseen conditions so timings aren't mentioned except the event start time.
- Alcohol consumption/ smoking/ any kind of intoxication is strictly prohibited. Will be expelled from the event If found with consumption.
- Any kind of misconduct from the participant will be tolerated by our team.
- Please do not litter any plastic; we commit to keeping our events clean.
- The washroom facility is inadequate during the course of the event.
- Participants should coordinate, maintain discipline and align together as a team during the event.
- Avoid wearing expensive accessories/ Jewellery on the trek.
- Please do not expect luxury facilities and appreciate being cooperative with fellow participants.
- Though we assure safety as a top priority, the RamblersIndia team is not responsible for any severe injuries or fatal events.
- No concession for bringing your own tent.
- No group discount is applicable.
- We rely on third-party payment gateways to make the registration process simple and easy, it also includes the convenience fee along with the event fee which is to be borne by the participant during check out.
- If a participant cancels their registration one day before the event or on the day of the event, a refund of 40% is paid, Refer to the Payment & Refund Policy on our website.
- No refund will be provided if the participant doesn't show up on the day of the event.
R2R Range trek from mumbai
Inclusive of transport from Mumbai by hired NON-AC vehicle; Breakfast, Veg Lunch, Veg dinner, tent stay on DAY1; Breakfast, Veg Lunch, Veg dinner, tent stay/ Dorm stay on DAY2; Breakfast, Veg Lunch on Day 3.₹3,200.00
R2R Trek from Pune
Inclusive of transport from Pune by hired NON-AC vehicle; Mangoan to Pune on Day 3, Breakfast, Veg Lunch, Veg dinner, tent stay on DAY1; Breakfast, Veg Lunch, Veg dinner, tent stay/ Dorm stay on DAY2; Breakfast, Veg Lunch on Day 3.₹3,000.00