Sat, 25 Sept|
Kas Plateau and Thosaghar waterfall Tour
Attractions of the event: Kas plateau - The beautiful valley situated at an altitude of more than 1000M above MSL has a bio-diverse range of species of flowers. Thoesaghar - Thoesaghar is a scenic spot in Satara which is well known for the waterfalls of different heights.
Time & Location
25-Sept-2021, 10:00 pm – 26-Sept-2021, 11:00 pm
Satara, Kaas plateau, Maharashtra
About the Event
An exclusive Kas plateau tour, a valley of flowers situated on a high hill plateau near Satara in Maharashtra is known for flora with seasonal blooms on the valley especially at the end of the monsoon season and is considered as one of the richest biodiversity hotspots in the Western Ghats, India.
On this tour, we will be Visiting Kas Plateau in the morning and then to the Thoseghar, The Road from Kas to Thoseghar offers very scenic views. This trip is suited for all ages, it involves a hike at the Kas plateau.
Attractions of the event:
Kas plateau - The beautiful valley situated at an altitude of more than 1000m above MSL has a bio-diverse range of species of flowers, Kas is also listed in UNESCO world heritage sites. There will be a guided tour by the field expert about different species of flowers.
Thoseghar - Thoseghar is a scenic spot in Satara which is well known for the waterfalls of different heights, the notably interesting ones are the series of waterfalls visible from the viewpoint where the giant waterfalls plunging into the gorge on the opposite valley in the thick forest cover, and there is also another small waterfall towards the exit.
DAY 1 -
- Depart by hired vehicle from Borivali East, SGNP at 10:00 PM with pickup points at Goregaon, Andheri, Bandra, Dadar, Chembur, Vashi & Panvel.
DAY 2 -
- Reach base village - 06:00 AM.
- Fresh up & breakfast at a Hotel near Kas Plateau - 2 hours.
- Explore Kass plateau - 3 to 4 hours.
- Lunch Break at the Hotel - 1 hour.
- Travel by bus to Thoseghar waterfall from Kas - 1 hour.
- Short hike to the Thoseghar waterfall viewpoint - 1hour.
- Return journey from Thoseghar to Mumbai - 7 hours approx.
₹2100 per head - Inclusive of hired NON-AC semi-sleeper bus journey from Mumbai, breakfast, Veg/ Non-Veg lunch, Kas plateau & Thoseghar admission fee.
Excluded: personnel expenses like cold drinks, snacks, packaged water bottles.
How to Register:
- Book your seat through online payment or NEFT to RamblersIndia Current Account.
- After seat confirmation, you will be requested to fill up the Mandatory participation disclaimer form.
- Now your participation is confirmed & we will create a WhatsApp group on the day of the event for coordination. We will coordinate through SMS/ Call if the participant is not available on WhatsApp.
What to Wear:
- Sandals/Sports shoes.
- Comfortable clothes. Full-length hiking trousers/ track-pant.
Things to Carry:
- Pack the following things in a hiking daypack:
- Minimum 2 liters of water.
- Blanket/ windcheater in a bus journey.
- Umbrella/ Raincoat/ Poncho.
- Food items like fruits, dry fruits, energy bars, healthy snacks.
- Toiletry kit, sunscreen lotion & mosquito repellent.
- Litter bag for non-biodegradable (plastic) litter.
- Spare face masks, Hand Sanitizer.
- Personal medicines.
- Identity Proof.
- Participants should bring an ID Card for their safety.
- Participants are requested to wear the mask at all times during the travel and follow the Covid-19 travel protocols issued by MOHFW.
- Participants fill up the mandatory disclaimer online form with accurate details after payment confirmation.
- Inaccurate details in the disclaimer form won’t be accepted and our team may request to refill the disclaimer. Please do not cause delay and cause inconvenience for others and impact the schedule if you are not able to reach the pickup point at the said time.
- Below 16 years of age must take the consent of the parents to participate.
- Participants will be notified in advance when the itinerary is modified/ the event gets canceled due to any unforeseen circumstances.
- If there is an unexpected change in weather during the event, the organizer has the right to withdraw/ retreat.
- Do not play loud music at the Kas Plateau.
- Do not pluck the flowers at the Kas Plateau.
- Avoid deodorant or perfume.
- Participants should pay for the expenses that are not mentioned in the expenses.
- The event schedule may delay or advance due to unforeseen conditions so timings aren't mentioned except the event start and end time.
- Alcohol consumption/ smoking/ any kind of intoxication is strictly prohibited. Will be expelled from the event If found with consumption.
- Please do not litter any plastic; we strictly adhere to Leave No Trace principles.
- The washroom facility is available at Kas and Thoseghar.
- Participants should coordinate, maintain discipline, and align together as a team during the event.
- Avoid wearing expensive accessories/ Jewellery in the outdoor event.
- Please do not expect luxury facilities and appreciate being cooperative with fellow ramblers.
- Though we assure safety as a top priority, the RamblersIndia team is not responsible for any severe injuries or fatal events.