Sat, 27 May|
Harishchandragad Night Trek with Camping
The paradise trekking destination of Maharashtra.
Time & Location
27-May-2023, 3:00 pm – 28-May-2023, 3:00 pm
Konkan Division, Harishchandragad, Maharashtra 421401, India
About the Event
Night trekking to Harishchandragad via Paachnai in Ahmednagar District is a popular route for reaching the fort. This trail is considered the shortest and easiest, making it suitable for trekkers of all ages, including beginners.
To reach the top of Harishchandragad, there are multiple trails from different starting points. The fort is known for its prominent caves, including the Kedareshwar cave, which is famous for its Shiva lingam. Another notable feature is the Harishchandreshwar temple, built on a basalt rock. The highest peak on the fort is Taramati, standing at an elevation of 1429 meters.
During the pre-monsoon season, particularly towards the end of May, there is a high probability of witnessing a cloud cover in front of Kokankada. Kokankada is a concave-shaped cliff that offers breathtaking views of the surrounding valleys. Seeing the cloud cover at Kokankada during this time is considered one of the rarest and most scenic experiences for trekkers.
- Attractions of HCG like Kedareshwar cave, pushkarini talav, Ganesh Mandir.
- The mighty Konkan kada.
- Sunrise from Taramati Peak.
- Delicious local cuisine.
- Grade: Easy
- Endurance: Low
- Total trek Distance: 9KM. Approx
- Highest Elevation:1118M
- Base Village: Paachnai
- Reporting time at Kasara - 03:00PM (Board the 12:30PM CSMT - Kasara Fast local train in Central line).
- Snacks Break on the highway
- Road journey from Kasara to Paachnai village by hired vehicle – 2 ½ hours.
- Ascent trek to Harishchandragad - 2 ½ hours approx.
- Dinner Break at Ascent trek to Harishchandragad - 1 hour.
- Rest for the day at villager's hut.
- Wake-up call – 04:30 AM.
- Ascent trek to Taramati Peak-1 hour approx.
- Visit Harishchandragad Kokankada - 1 hour.
- Fresh up and breakfast – 1 hour.
- Explore the Harishchandragad attractions – 90 minutes approx.
- Descend trek to Base village – 2 hours.
- Return journey by hired vehicle from Paachnai village.
- Lunch Break at Bari Village.
- Resume the road journey to Kasara Railway Station.
✔ Travel from Kasara by a private hired jeep.
✔ Veg Dinner on Day 1, Breakfast & Veg Lunch on Day 2.
✔ Camping tent on sharing basis
✔ Forest entry fee/ permits.
✔ Our Expertise
✘ Snacks break during travel or any personal expenses
What to Wear:
- Trekking/ Hiking shoes with a sturdy grip.
- Comfortable quick-dry full sleeve clothes (avoid jeans or cotton wear).
Things to Carry:
- Carry a single rucksack with the following things:
- Minimum 2 liters of water.
- Cap/ Hat & Buff/ Bandana.
- Sleeping bag/ blanket.
- Food items like fruits, dry fruits, energy bars, healthy snacks.
- Toiletry kit, sunscreen lotion, mosquito repellent.
- Extra set of quick-dry clothes, an extra pair of socks, flip-flops.
- Head Torch/ Torch with spare batteries.
- Hiking pole.
- Personal medicines.
- Identity Proof.
- Participants should bring an ID Card for their safety.
- After payment, a registered participant will need to fill up the mandatory disclaimer online form with accurate details, else will be asked to refill by the event host.
- Inaccurate details in the disclaimer form won’t be accepted and our team may request to refill the disclaimer.
- Below 16 must take the consent of the parents to participate.
- Please do not cause delay and cause inconvenience for others and impact the schedule.
- Participants will be notified in advance when the itinerary is modified/the event gets cancelled due to any unforeseen circumstances.
- If there is an unexpected change in weather during the event, we have the right to withdraw/ retreat.
- Do not play music or tease animals during the trek.
- Avoid using deodorant or perfume on the day of the trek.
- Participants are liable for spendings during trek and travel intermissions.
- The event schedule may delay or advance due to unforeseen conditions, so timings aren't mentioned except the event start time.
- Alcohol consumption/ smoking/ any kind of intoxication is strictly prohibited. Will be expelled from the event If found with consumption.
- Any kind of misconduct from the participant will not be tolerated by our team.
- Please do not litter any plastic; we commit to keeping our events clean.
- The washroom facility is inadequate during the course of the event.
- We provide Foam Mats during the stay at Harishchandragad, please carry a sleeping bag/ Blanket as the weather will be a bit cold during nighttime.
- Participants should coordinate, maintain discipline and align together as a team during the event.
- Avoid wearing expensive accessories/ Jewelry on the trek.
- Please do not expect luxury facilities and appreciate being cooperative with fellow participants.
- Though we assure safety as a top priority, the RamblersIndia team is not responsible for any severe injuries or fatal events.
- No group discount is applicable.
- We rely on third-party payment gateways to make the registration process simple and easy, it also includes the convenience fee along with the event fee which is to be borne by the participant during check out.
- Refer to the Payment & Refund Policy on our website about cancellation refunds.
- No refund will be provided if the participant doesn't show up on the day of the event, and also no refund if missed the local train.
HCG with Ramblersindia
Included ✔ Travel from Kasara by a private hired jeep. ✔ Veg Dinner on Day 1, Breakfast & Veg Lunch on Day 2. ✔ Camping tent on sharing basis ✔ Forest entry fee/ permits. ✔ Our Expertise Excluded ✘ Snacks break during travel or any personal expenses₹1,600.00