Sun, 16 Jul|
Garbett plateau Monsoon Trek
A beautiful hike near Matheran with a still water lake
Time & Location
16-Jul-2023, 8:30 am – 5:30 pm
Garbett Plateau, X7FR+FJQ, Sondewadi, Maharashtra 410101, India
About the Event
The Garbett Plateau offers breathtaking views and is a favorite spot among trekkers. Starting from Matheran, we will embark on a flat hike towards the Garbett Plateau. This part of the trek should be relatively easy as you traverse the plateau and enjoy the panoramic views around you. The plateau itself is vast and offers plenty of space to explore and take in the beauty of the surroundings.
After exploring the Garbett Plateau, you will begin a steep descent towards Sagachiwad. This part of the trek might require a bit more effort as you make your way down the slope.
Once you reach Sagachiwad lunch will be arranged at one of the villagers house, you will continue your trek along the banks of Dhom lake. This portion of the hike will provide you with stunning views of the lake and the lush green landscapes surrounding it. Particularly during the monsoon season, the scenery is likely to be even more vibrant and beautiful.
Overall, this trek offers a mix of flat terrain, steep descents, and picturesque landscapes. It allows you to experience the natural beauty of the Garbett Plateau, Matheran, and Dhom lake.
- Views from the Garbett plateau
- Dhom lake
- Homemade Veg Lunch
- Grade: Medium
- Endurance: Moderate
- Trek Distance: 12KM approx
- The Highest Elevation: 644M
- Start point: Matheran
- End point: Bhivpuri
- Reporting at Neral Railway Station - 08:30AM (Board CSMT - Karjat 06:49AM Fast local in central line)
- Reach Starting point at Matheran by shared taxi - 45 minutes.
- Event briefing & introduction - 15 minutes.
- Hike to Garbett Plateau - 1 hour.
- Relax at Garbett plateau - 30 minutes.
- Descent trek to Sagachiwadi - 1 hour.
- Lunch break - 1 hour.
- Resume the hike to Bhivpuri - 2 hours
- Walk to Bhivpuri Railway Station - 15 min.
✔ Travel from Neral to Matheran
✔ Veg Lunch
How to Register:
Step -1: Book your seat through online payment on our website or UPI/ NEFT to RamblersIndia Current Account.
Step-2: Fill up the participation disclaimer form, which will be sent after payment confirmation.
A WhatsApp group of the registered participants will be created in the evening on the day of the event departure for travel coordination.
What to Wear:
- Trekking/ Hiking shoes with a sturdy grip.
- Comfortable quick-dry full sleeve quick dry shirt/ tshirt.
- Full-length hiking trousers (avoid jeans or cotton wear).
Things to Carry:
- Carry a single rucksack with the following things:
- Minimum 2 liters of water.
- Raincoat/ Poncho, Cap.
- Food items like fruits, dry fruits, energy bars, healthy snacks.
- Toiletry kit, sunscreen lotion, mosquito repellent.
- Extra set of clothes, an extra pair of socks, flip-flops.
- Hiking pole.
- Litter bag for non-biodegradable (plastic) litter.
- Personal medicines.
- Identity Proof.
- Participants should bring an ID Card for their safety.
- Participant to fill up the mandatory disclaimer online form with accurate details after payment confirmation.
- Please do not cause delay and cause inconvenience for others and impact the schedule if you are not able to reach the pickup point at the said time.
- Below 16 must take the consent of the parents to participate.
- Participants will be notified in advance when the itinerary is modified/ the event gets cancelled due to any unforeseen circumstances.
- If there is an unexpected change in weather during the event, our team has the right to withdraw/ retreat.
- Do not play loud music or tease animals during the trek.
- Any kind of misconduct from the participant will not be tolerated by our team.
- Avoid using deodorant or perfume on the day of the trek.
- Participants are liable for personal expenses that are not mentioned in the pricing.
- Event schedule may delay or advance due to unforeseen conditions, so timings aren't mentioned except the event start and end time.
- Alcohol consumption/ smoking/ any kind of intoxication is strictly prohibited. Will be expelled from the event If found with consumption.
- Please do not litter any plastic; we strictly adhere to Leave No Trace principles.
- Washroom facility is inadequate during the trek.
- Participants should coordinate, maintain discipline, and align together as a team during the event.
- Avoid wearing expensive accessories/ Jewelry in the outdoor event.
- Please do not expect luxury facilities and appreciate being cooperative with fellow ramblers.
- Though we assure safety as a top priority, the RamblersIndia team is not responsible for any severe injuries or fatal events.
- No group discount is applicable.
- We rely on third-party payment gateways to make the registration process simple and easy, it also includes the convenience fee along with the event fee which is to be borne by the participant during check out.
- If a participant cancels their registration one day before the event or on the day of the event, a refund of 40% of the event fee is provided, Refer to the Payment & Refund Policy on our website.
- No refund will be provided if the participant doesn't show up on the day of the event, and also no refund if missed the local train.
7 hours 30 minutes
- Ticket type
Garbett with Ramblersindia
Included ✔ Travel from Neral to Matheran ✔ veg Lunch Excluded ✘ BreakfastPrice₹650.00