Sat, 03 Jun|
Fireflies Season Samrad Camping
• Fireflies sighting • Serene camping location • Delicious homemade food • 120 feet rappelling at Sandhan Valley•
Time & Location
03 Jun, 12:30 pm – 04 Jun, 2:00 pm
Samrad, Samrad, Maharashtra 422604, India
About the Event
Witnessing fireflies and experiencing their bioluminescence is indeed a magical experience. In this trip, we will be visiting to the interiors near Samrad, where these fireflies can be seen in abundance. Starting your journey from Kasara and traveling by a hired local jeep to the outskirts of Bhandardara to Samrad is a convenient way to reach the location. Once there, you can immerse yourself in the beautiful sight of fireflies lighting up the trees.
Experience a primitive camping set at the foothills of Ratangad fort. Camping in such a scenic spot allows you to connect with nature and enjoy the tranquility of the surroundings. Relishing homemade food during the camping experience adds to the authenticity and enjoyment of the trip.
Not just camping, the campsite is close to the starting point of the Sandhan Valley, Where you can take part in the rappelling experience. We provide certified climbing equipment and have a qualified technical person to handle the setup.
This trip offers a combination of natural beauty, adventure, and cultural experiences. Enjoy the magical firefly experience and have a fantastic time exploring the Samrad region!
- Fireflies sighting
- Serene camping location.
- Homemade Local Cuisine.
- 120 feet rappelling at Sandhan Valley Entrance.
- Reporting time at Kasara Railway station – 12:34 PM (Board the 10:16 PM CSMT - Kasara local train)
- Road Journey from Kasara Railway station to Samrad - 2 ½ hours.
- Lunch Break on the Highway (at your own expense)
- Event Briefing & introduction – 15 min.
- Hike to the Sandhan Valley entrance for rappelling activity – 2 hours.
- Reach the campsite and set up tents.
- Behold the fireflies near Bhandardara and Samrad
- Dinner at the campsite.
- Bedtime in tents (bring your own bedding).
- Wake-up call – 07:00 AM.
- Fresh up and breakfast – 45 min.
- Return journey to Bari village -1 hour.
- Lunch Break at Bari Village – 1 hour.
- Resume the Road Journey – 1 ½ hour.
✔ Transport by hired private vehicle from Kasara
✔ Veg Dinner on DAY 1
✔ Breakfast and VEG Lunch on DAY 2
✔ Camping in Tents/ Homestay on sharing basis
✔ 120 feet rappelling
✔ Forest Entry Fee
✘ Snacks break on the highway or any personal expenses
How to Register:
Step -1: Book your seat through online payment on our website (UPI/ NEFT details available on Manaul Payment Mode).
Step-2: Fill up the Mandatory participation disclaimer form, which will be sent after payment confirmation.
Step -3: We will create a WhatsApp group of the registered participants in the morning on the day of the event departure for coordination.
- Comfortable footwear like Sandals/Sports shoes.
- Comfortable quick dry clothes.
- Minimum 2 liters of water.
- Sleeping bag or thick blanket for bedding.
- Poncho/ raincoat/ umbrella.
- Toiletry kit, sunscreen lotion, mosquito repellent.
- Extra set of clothes.
- Torch with spare batteries.
- Personal medicines.
- Identity Proof.
- Participants should bring an ID Card for their safety.
- After payment, a registered participant will need to fill up the mandatory disclaimer online form with accurate details, else will be asked to refill by the event host.
- Inaccurate details in the disclaimer form won’t be accepted and our team may request to refill the disclaimer.
- Below 16 must take the consent of the parents to participate.
- Please do not cause delay and cause inconvenience for others and impact the schedule.
- Participants will be notified in advance when the itinerary is modified/the event gets canceled due to any unforeseen circumstances.
- If there is an unexpected change in weather during the event, the organizer has the right to withdraw/ retreat.
- Tented accommodation is on a sharing basis with fellow participants.
- Participants are liable for spending during trek and travel intermissions.
- The event schedule may delay or advance due to unforeseen conditions, so timings aren't mentioned except the event start time.
- Alcohol consumption/ smoking/ any kind of intoxication is strictly prohibited. Will be expelled from the event If found with consumption.
- Any kind of misconduct from the participant will not be tolerated by our team.
- Please do not litter any plastic; we commit to keeping our events clean.
- The washroom facility is not available at the campsite, it’s available at the villager’s place where breakfast will be served on DAY 2.
- Please do not expect glamping facilities as this is a raw campsite that is just set up exclusively for the camping event by pitching the tents.
- Participants should coordinate, maintain discipline and align together as a team during the event.
- Avoid wearing expensive accessories/ Jewelry.
- Please do not expect luxury facilities and appreciate being cooperative with fellow participants.
- Though we assure safety as a top priority, the RamblersIndia team is not responsible for any severe injuries or fatal events.
- No concession for bringing your own tent or climbing gear.
- No group discount is applicable.
- We rely on third-party payment gateways to make the registration process simple and easy, it also includes the convenience fee along with the event fee which is to be borne by the participant during check out.
- Refer to the Payment & Refund Policy on our website about cancellation refunds.
- No refund will be provided if the participant doesn't show up on the day of the event, and also no refund if missed the local train.
Reporting at Kasara
Included ✔ Transport by hired vehicle from Kasara ✔ Veg Dinner on DAY 1 ✔ Breakfast and VEG Lunch on DAY 2 ✔ Camping in Tents/ Homestay on sharing basis ✔ 120 feet rappelling ✔ Forest Entry Fee Excluded ✘ Snacks break on the highway or any personal expenses
Reporting at Campsite
Included ✔ Veg Dinner on DAY 1 ✔ Breakfast on DAY 2 ✔ Camping in Tents on sharing basis ✔ 120 feet rappelling Excluded ✘ Forest Entry Fee ✘ Any personal expense