Sun, 03 Oct|
Matheran Rambaug Point trek
• Offbeat trail to Matheran • Beautiful landscapes • View of Morbe dam • Trek Facts Grade: Easy, Endurance: Medium, Highest Elevation: 748 M, Total Distance: 12 KM approx •
Time & Location
03-Oct-2021, 5:30 am – 9:00 pm
Matheran, Rambaug Point, Matheran, Maharashtra 410102, India
About the Event
Trek to Matheran Rambaug point, a less known trail that leads to Rambaug point of Matheran from near Morbe Dam. The trek starts from Burujwadi where we hike from one plateau to the other plateau and later through the forest cover and then on a well-laid rocky path to the Rambaug point. A complete offbeat experience where we come across a stream and tiny waterfalls as well as a beautiful view of Morbe Dam and the surrounding mountains.
Matheran is a vehicle-free zone hill station with many points across the hill. We will be ascending only to Rambaug point and descend back to the same starting point of the trek.
We will be leaving early in the morning from Borivali East, Mumbai by a hired vehicle, either packed breakfast is provided or we will halt for a breakfast which depends on the group strength
Grade: Easy, Endurance: Medium, Highest Elevation: 748 M, Total Distance: 12 KM approx.
Expenses:₹1100 per head, Inclusive of transport from Mumbai by hired vehicle, breakfast, Veg Lunch and our expertise.
Excluded: personnel expenses like cold drinks, snacks, packaged water bottle
How to Register:
Step -1: Book your seat through online payment or NEFT to RamblersIndia Current Account.
Step-2: After seat confirmation, you will be requested to fill up the Mandatory participation disclaimer form.
Step -3: Now your participation is confirmed & we will create a WhatsApp group on the day of the event for coordination. We will coordinate through SMS/ Call if the participant is not available on WhatsApp.
What to Wear:
- Trekking shoes/ hiking boots.
- Full sleeve synthetic/ polyester t-shirt/ shirt.
- Full-length hiking trousers/ track-pant.
Things to Carry:
- Pack the following things in a hiking daypack:
- Minimum 2 liters of water.
- Food items like fruits, dry fruits, tepla, energy bars, etc.
- Raincoat/ Poncho.
- Dry fruits, ready-to-eat food, and healthy snacks.
- Spare set of clothes, extra pair of socks (pack them separately in a waterproof polythene bag).
- Toiletry kit, sunscreen lotion & mosquito repellent.
- flip flops during travel.
- An extra pouch for non-biodegradable (plastic) litter.
- Spare face masks, Hand Sanitizer.
- Personal medicines.
- Identity Proof.
- Participants should bring an ID Card for their safety.
- Participants are requested to wear the mask at all times during the travel and follow the Covid-19 travel protocols issued by MOHFW.
- Participants to fill up the mandatory disclaimer online form with accurate details after payment confirmation.
- Inaccurate details in the disclaimer form won’t be accepted and our team may request to refill the disclaimer.
- Please do not cause delay and cause inconvenience for others and impact the schedule if you are not able to reach the pickup point at the said time.
- Below 16 must take the consent of the parents to participate.
- Participants will be notified in advance when the itinerary is modified/ the event gets canceled due to any unforeseen circumstances.
- If there is an unexpected change in weather during the event, the organizer has the right to withdraw/ retreat.
- Do not play loud music or tease animals during the trek.
- Avoid deodorant or perfume.
- Participants should pay for the expenses that are not mentioned in the expenses.
- The event schedule may delay or advance due to unforeseen conditions so timings aren't mentioned except the event start and end time.
- Alcohol consumption/ smoking/ any kind of intoxication is strictly prohibited. Will be expelled from the event If found with consumption.
- Please do not litter any plastic; we strictly adhere to Leave No Trace principles.
- The washroom facility is inadequate.
- Participants should coordinate, maintain discipline, and align together as a team during the event.
- Avoid wearing expensive accessories/ Jewellery in the outdoor event.
- Please do not expect luxury facilities and appreciate being cooperative with fellow ramblers.
- Though we assure safety as a top priority, the RamblersIndia team is not responsible for any severe injuries or fatal events.