Sat, 20 May|
Peb Fort (Vikatgad) Trek Base Point
Peb/ Vikatgad night trek
Popular trek near Matheran
Time & Location
20-May-2023, 11:00 pm – 21-May-2023, 11:00 am
Peb Fort (Vikatgad) Trek Base Point, 27HW+X8X, Neral, Maharashtra 410101, India
About the Event
Vikatgad, also known as Peb Fort, is a popular trekking destination located near Neral at an elevation of about 2100 feet above sea level. The Datta Mandir at the top of the fort is visible from Matheran and many other nearby hiking spots,, there are several structures that have survived over the centuries, including a temple dedicated to Lord Shiva, a water cistern, and a few remnants of the fortification. The top of the fort offers breathtaking views of the sunrise and sunset, making it a popular spot for nature photography.
- Grade: Easy
- Endurance: Moderate
- Highest Elevation: 701M
- Trek distance: 8 KM approx
- Reporting time at Neral railway station 11:00PM (Board the 09:26 PM CSMT - Karjat Fast local train in Central Line on Saturday)
- Road journey from Neral to Trek start point by hired vehicle's 30 minutes.
- Event Briefing & introduction – 20 min.
- Hike towards Peb/ Vikatgad fort - 2 ½ hours.
- Rest at the Temple till sunrise – 2 hours.
- Explore the fort - 1 hour.
- Descent trek to trek start point – 2 hours.
- Travel by hired vehicles from trek start point to Neral railway station – 30 minutes.
✔ Travel from Neral Railway station by hired vehicles.
✔ packed breakfast/ snacks
✔ Our Expertise
✘ Anything that's not mentioned in the Included section.
How to Register:
Step -1: Book your seat through online payment on our website or UPI/ NEFT to RamblersIndia Current Account (Send us a reference)
Step-2: Fill up the Mandatory participation disclaimer form, which will be sent after payment confirmation
Step -3: We will create a WhatsApp group of the registered participants in the evening on the day of the event departure for coordination.
What to Wear:
- Trekking/ Hiking shoes with a sturdy grip.
- Comfortable quick-dry full sleeve clothes (avoid jeans or cotton wear).
Things to Carry:
Carry a single rucksack with the following things:
- Minimum 3 litres of water.
- Cap/ Hat & Buff/ Bandana.
- Sleeping bag/ Blanket & Hiking mat.
- Food items like fruits, dry fruits, energy bars, healthy snacks.
- Toiletry kit, sunscreen lotion, mosquito repellent.
- Extra pair of socks.
- Head Torch/ Torch with spare batteries.
- Hiking pole.
- Personal medicines.
- Identity Proof.
- Participants should bring an ID Card for their safety.
- After payment, a registered participant will need to fill up the mandatory disclaimer online form with accurate details, else will be asked to refill by the event host.
- Inaccurate details in the disclaimer form won’t be accepted and our team may request to refill the disclaimer.
- Below 16 must take the consent of the parents to participate.
- Please do not cause delay and cause inconvenience for others and impact the schedule.
- Participants will be notified in advance when the itinerary is modified/the event gets cancelled due to any unforeseen circumstances.
- If there is an unexpected change in weather during the event, we have the right to withdraw/ retreat.
- Do not play music or tease animals during the trek.
- Avoid using deodorant or perfume on the day of the trek.
- Participants are liable for spending on snacks during trek and travel intermissions.
- The event schedule may delay or advance due to unforeseen conditions, so timings aren't mentioned except the event start time.
- Alcohol consumption/ smoking/ any kind of intoxication is strictly prohibited. Will be expelled from the event If found with consumption.
- Any kind of misconduct from the participant will not be tolerated by our team.
- Please do not litter any plastic; we commit to keeping our events clean.
- The washroom facility is inadequate during the course of the event.
- Participants should coordinate, maintain discipline and align together as a team during the event.
- Avoid wearing expensive accessories/ Jewelry on the trek.
- Please do not expect luxury facilities and appreciate being cooperative with fellow participants.
- Though we assure safety as a top priority, the RamblersIndia team is not responsible for any severe injuries or fatal events.
- No group discount is applicable.
- We rely on third-party payment gateways to make the registration process simple and easy, it also includes the convenience fee along with the event fee which is to be borne by the participant during check out.
- Refer to the Payment & Refund Policy on our website about cancellation refunds.
- No refund will be provided if the participant doesn't show up on the day of the event, and also no refund if missed the local train.
Vikatgad Night Trek with RI
✔ Travel from Neral Railway station by hired vehicles. ✔ packed breakfast/ snacks ✔ Our Expertise Excluded ✘ Anything that's not mentioned in the Included section.₹600.00