Sat, 25 Feb|
Makad nal | माकड नाळ
Highlights: • Makadnaal trail • Steep Rock climbing patch • Climbing gear at Rock climbing patch • home-made local cuisine •
Time & Location
25-Feb-2023, 11:30 pm – 26-Feb-2023, 10:30 pm
Makad nal | माकड नाळ, Camp for shendi sulca, Shendi, Maharashtra 421401, India
About the Event
One of the toughest trails to Harishchandragad is via Makadnaal which is adjacent to the Naalichi Vaat on other end of kokankada, the trail passes through the depression with boulders in the crevice, passing through rocky patches, a steep 90 feet vertical rock patch where we will fix a rope and give belay to every individual with safety gear to climb this rock patch. After Climbing through the Maladnaal, we end up at a plateau adjoining the Taramati peak, from here, we descend towards Khireshwar village. In this trek Shendi pinnacle, Rohidas, Taramati and Balekilla are very closely passed by along with a beautiful view of the Sahyadri ranges.
Grade: Hard, Endurance: High, Highest Elevation: 865M, Total trek Distance: 11k.m. approx.
- This trek is suitable for only those who have trekked moderate or high endurance treks with RamblersIndia or other outdoor organisations else those who are physically fit.
- In this trek we won't be visiting Harishchadragad.
- Makadnaal trail.
- Steep Rock climbing patch.
- Climbing gear at Rock climbing patch.
- home-made local cuisine.
- Depart by hired vehicle from Dadar East at 11:30 PM with pickup points at Amar Mahal, Kanjurmarg, Bhandup, Thane & Kalyan. ( exact locations will be shared with the registered participants)
- Reach Walhivale village and rest till morning hours.
- Wake up call - 05:00 AM
- Fresh up and breakfast - 1 hour
- Makadnaal ascent trek from the base village, involves rock climbing - 6 hours approx.
- Descent trek to Khireshwar village -4 hours approx.
- Lunch break - 1 hour.
- Return journey to Mumbai - 41/2 hours approx.
₹1550 per head, Inclusive of transport from Mumbai by hired NON-AC seater vehicle, certified climbing gear, Breakfast, Veg Lunch, First-Aid, and our expertise.
Excluded: personnel expenses like cold drinks, snacks, packaged water bottles.
How to Register:
Step -1: Book your seat through online payment on our website or UPI/ NEFT to RamblersIndia Current Account.
Step-2: Fill up the Mandatory participation disclaimer form which will be sent after payment confirmation and select the preferable pickup location.
Step -3: We will create a WhatsApp group of the registered participants in the evening on the day of the event departure for coordination.
What to Wear:
- Trekking shoes/ hiking boots.
- Full sleeve synthetic/ polyester t-shirt/ shirt.
- Full-length hiking trousers/ track-pant.
Things to Carry:
Pack the following things in a hiking daypack:
- Minimum 3 liters of water.
- Food items like fruits, dry fruits, energy bars, healthy snacks.
- Cap, Bandana.
- Spare set of clothes, extra pair of socks (pack them in a separate bag).
- Toiletry kit, sunscreen lotion & mosquito repellent.
- Windcheater/ Sweater, flip flops during travel.
- Litter bag for non-biodegradable (plastic) litter.
- Spare face masks, Hand Sanitizer.
- Personal medicines.
- Identity Proof.
- After payment, a registered participant will need to fill up the mandatory disclaimer online form with accurate details else will be asked to refill by the event host.
- Please do not cause delay and cause inconvenience for others and impact the schedule.
- Under 18 years of age must take the consent of the parents for participation.
- Every individual needs to take proper care of the equipment provided during the event from wear and tear.
- An amount will be charged based on the equipment age if there is any damage or loss/ theft of the individual equipment gear provided in the event..
- Participants will be notified before when the itinerary is modified/the event gets canceled due to any unforeseen circumstances.
- If there is any unexpected change in weather during the event, we have the right to cancel/postpone or arrange at an alternate location.
- Participants are liable to bear/pay for the expenses that are not mentioned in the expenses.
- The event schedule may delay or advance due to unforeseen conditions, hence timings aren't mentioned except for the event start, end time.
- Alcohol consumption/smoking tobacco/weed is strictly prohibited. Will be expelled from the event if found in consumption.
- Please do not litter any plastic (biscuit pack covers, candy wrappers, etc). We are highly committed to a zero trace policy.
- The washroom facility is inadequate.
- Participants should coordinate, be disciplined and align together as a team during the event.
- Please do not expect luxury facilities and appreciate being cooperative with fellow ramblers.
- Though we assure safety as a top priority, event organizers are not responsible for any severe injuries or fatalities.
- No concession for bringing your own safety gear like a climbing helmet, harness, etc.
- No group discount is applicable.
- The minimum batch size required for the trek to happen is 9, if the count is less we are likely to cancel the event 12 hours before the departure.
- We rely on third-party payment gateways to make the registration process simple and easy, it also includes the convenience fee along with the event fee which is to be borne by the participant during check out.
- If a participant cancels their registration one day before the event or on the day of the event, a refund of 40% is paid, Refer to the Payment & Refund Policy on our website.
- Full refund of the event fee excluding convenience charges will be credited If we cancel the event before the departure.
- No refund will be provided if the participant doesn't show up on the day of the event.
Makadnaal with RamblersIndia
Inclusive of transport from Mumbai by hired NON-AC seater vehicle, certified climbing gear, Breakfast, Veg Lunch, First-Aid, and our expertise. Excluded: personnel expenses like cold drinks, snacks, packaged water bottles.₹1,550.00