Sun, 29 Aug|
Kondana caves and Bhivgad fort
• Ancient Buddhist caves • Bhivgad fort • Waterfall • • Trek facts: Kondane caves Grade: Easy, Endurance: Low, Trek Distance: 3.5 KM approx, Max: Elevation: 458M. • Bhimgad fort Grade: Easy, Endurance: Low. Trek Distance: 3 KM approx, Max Elevation: 243M •
Time & Location
29-Aug-2021, 5:30 am – 9:30 pm
Karjat, Karjat, Maharashtra 410201, India
About the Event
A relaxing trip to Kondana caves and Bhimgad fort. In this event, we will be visiting the very ancient Buddhist caves located in the dense forest near kondana village. The carving at the entry of the caves is very captivating, during monsoons we also experience a waterfall in front of the caves which adds up more excitement.
Post delicious homemade lunch at the villager's home we will be traveling towards Bhivgad fort.
Bhivgad or Bhimgad fort is a small fort in Karjat, where there are few water cisterns and caves while approaching the fort from the village. We will start the trek from the bhivgad waterfall side, reach the bastion in a very short time, and descend towards Gaurkamat village.
This event is well suitable for beginners who would like to experience trekking or someone looking for an easy level trek or spend a weekend in nature with a hike.
We will be leaving early in the morning from Borivali East, Mumbai by a hired vehicle, either packed breakfast or we will halt for a breakfast which depends on the group strength.
- Kondana caves
- Bhimgad trek
- Bhimgad waterfall
Grade: Easy, Endurance: Low, Trek Distance: 3.5 KM approx, Max: Elevation: 458M.
Grade: Easy, Endurance: Low. Trek Distance: 3 KM approx, Max Elevation: 243M.
₹1250 per head, Inclusive of transport from Mumbai by hired vehicle, breakfast, and Veg Lunch.
Excluded: personnel expenses like cold drinks, snacks, packaged water bottles.
How to Register:
Step -1: Book your seat through online payment or NEFT to RamblersIndia Current Account.
Step-2: After seat confirmation, you will be requested to fill up the Mandatory participation disclaimer form.
Step -3: Now your participation is confirmed & we will create a WhatsApp group on the day of the event for coordination. We will coordinate through SMS/ Call if the participant is not available on WhatsApp.
What to Wear:
- Trekking shoes/ hiking boots.
- Full sleeve synthetic/ polyester t-shirt/ shirt.
- Full-length hiking trousers/ track-pant.
Things to Carry:
Pack the following things in a hiking daypack:
- Minimum 2 liters of water.
- Food items like fruits, dry fruits, energy bars, healthy snacks.
- Raincoat/ Poncho.
- Dry fruits, ready-to-eat food, and healthy snacks.
- Spare set of clothes, extra pair of socks (pack them separately in a waterproof polythene bag).
- Toiletry kit, sunscreen lotion & mosquito repellent.
- flip flops during travel.
- Spare face masks, Hand Sanitizer.
- Personal medicines.
- Identity Proof.
- Participants should bring an ID Card for their safety.
- Participants are requested to wear the mask at all times during the travel and follow the Covid-19 travel protocols issued by MOHFW.
- Participants fill up the mandatory disclaimer online form with accurate details after payment confirmation.
- Inaccurate details in the disclaimer form won’t be accepted and our team may request to refill the disclaimer.
- Please do not cause delay and cause inconvenience for others and impact the schedule if you are not able to reach the pickup point at the said time.
- Below 16 must take the consent of the parents to participate.
- Participants will be notified in advance when the itinerary is modified/ the event gets canceled due to any unforeseen circumstances.
- If there is an unexpected change in weather during the event, the organizer has the right to withdraw/ retreat.
- Do not play loud music or tease animals during the trek.
- Avoid deodorant or perfume.
- Participants should pay for the expenses that are not mentioned in the expenses.
- The event schedule may delay or advance due to unforeseen conditions so timings aren't mentioned except the event start and end time.
- Alcohol consumption/ smoking/ any kind of intoxication is strictly prohibited. Will be expelled from the event If found with consumption.
- Please do not litter any plastic; we strictly adhere to Leave No Trace principles. We recommend carrying litter bags and taking back the possible plastic waste found in the trails.
- The washroom facility is available at Kondane village.
- Participants should coordinate, maintain discipline, and align together as a team during the event.
- Avoid wearing expensive accessories/ Jewellery in the outdoor event.
- Please do not expect luxury facilities and appreciate being cooperative with fellow ramblers.
- Though we assure safety as a top priority, the RamblersIndia team is not responsible for any severe injuries or fatal events.
Inclusive of transport from Mumbai by hired vehicle, breakfast, and Veg Lunch. Excluded: personnel expenses like cold drinks, snacks, packaged water bottles.
Inclusive of Veg Lunch and our expertise. Excluded: transport, personnel expenses like cold drinks, snacks, packaged water bottles.