Sat, 25 Feb|
Harishchandragad Nalichivaat Makadnaal Range Trek
Time & Location
25-Feb-2023, 12:00 am – 26-Feb-2023, 9:00 pm
Harishchandragad, Harishchandragad, Maharashtra 421401, India
About the Event
Nalichivaat is one of the challenging treks to reach Harishchandragad, the trail is through narrow depression with many rock patches, boulders till the plateau. Known for the longest elevation trail to reach Harishchanragad. We will be fixing a rope at the steep climbs as an additional support. The trail adjoins Kokankada, from here our campsite will be 20 min away near Harihareshwar temple.
On the second day we will be descending towards Junnar Darwaja to Makadnaal where we rappel at the famous Makadnaal vertical rock patch, descend towards Walhivale Maharashtra village where the trail converges the Nalichi Vaat at the end of the trek.
Harishchandragad has a history way back from the 6th Century. There are few trails to reach the top from different places. It has prominent caves, Concave shaped mighty konkan kada, Kedareshwar cave, Harishchandreshwar temple and the highest elevation is taramati at a height of 1429 metres. It won't be a surprise to hear from regular Sahyadri trekkers that they have been to Harishchandragad a couple of times through different trails.
- Grade: Hard
- Endurance: High
- Highest Elevation: 1250M
- Total trek Distance: 25KM approx
- Base Village: Walhivale
Note: This trek is suitable for only those who have trekked moderate or High Endurance treks with RamblersIndia or other outdoor organisations else those who are physically fit.
• Nalichivaat Ascent
• Sunset from the Konkan kakada
• Camping in tents at Harishchandragad
• Rappelling at Makadnaal
• Junnar Darwaja
• Reporting time at Badlapur - 12:00 AM (Board into CSMT - Badlapur Fast local train in Central line scheduled at 10:29 PM from CSMT on Friday)
•Travel by hired vehicle from Badlapur railway station to Walhivale village - 3 hours approx.
• Rest till morning hours at the villagers house.
• Wake up call - 05:00 AM
• Fresh up and breakfast - 1 hour.
• Ascend trek to Harishchandragad via Naalichivaat from the base village - 7 hours approx.
• Reach Harishchandragad campsite.
• Lunch break - 1 hour
• Explore Harishchandragad ( 90 minutes approx).
• Visit Konkan kada to enjoy the sunset laid in the backdrop of beautiful landscapes. ( the main attraction of Harishchandragad) - 5:30 pm.
• Dinner break - 1 hour.
• Bed time in tents.
• Wake up call - 5:00AM.
• Freshup & Breakfast at Harishchandragad - 1 hour
• Descent trek to Walhivale village via Makadnaal - 8 hours approx.
• Lunch break - 1 hour.
• Return journey to Badlapur railway station by hired vehicle - 4 hours approx.
Inclusive of transport from Badlapur - base village - Badlapur by a hired jeep, Breakfast , Veg Lunch, Veg Dinner, evening tea, sharing tented accommodation on DAY1 & breakfast, Veg lunch on DAY2, Certified Climbing gear during climbing/ Rappelling & our technical expertise
Excluded: snacks break during travel or any personal expenses.
How to Register:
Step -1: Book your seat through online payment on our website or UPI/ NEFT to RamblersIndia Current Account.
Step-2: Fill up the Mandatory participation disclaimer form which will be sent after payment confirmation and select the preferable pickup location.
Step -3: We will create a WhatsApp group of the registered participants in the evening on the day of the event departure for coordination.
What to Wear:
• Trekking/ Hiking shoes with a sturdy grip.
• Comfortable quick-dry full sleeve clothes (avoid jeans or cotton wear).
Things to Carry:
Carry a single rucksack with the following things:
• Minimum 3 litres of water.
• Sleeping bag/ blanket for bedding.
• Cap/ Hat & Buff/ Bandana.
• Winter clothing (windcheater/ fleece jacket/ sweater & beanie cap).
• Cutlery (Glass, Tiffin box, and Spoon for packed lunch).
• Food items like fruits, dry fruits, energy bars, healthy snacks.
• Toiletry kit, sunscreen lotion, mosquito repellent.
• Extra set of quick-dry clothes, an extra pair of socks, flip flops.
• Head Torch/ Torch with spare batteries.
• Compact foldable backpack (Optional).
• Hiking pole.
• Litter bag for non-biodegradable (plastic) litter.
• Spare face masks, Hand Sanitizer.
• Personal medicines.
• Identity Proof.
- Participants should bring an ID Card for their safety.
- After payment, a registered participant will need to fill up the mandatory disclaimer online form with accurate details else will be asked to refill by the event host.
- Inaccurate details in the disclaimer form won’t be accepted and our team may request to refill the disclaimer.
- Below 16 must take the consent of the parents to participate.
- Please do not cause delay and cause inconvenience for others and impact the schedule.
- Participants will be notified in advance when the itinerary is modified/the event gets canceled due to any unforeseen circumstances.
- If there is an unexpected change in weather during the event, the organizer has the right to withdraw/ retreat.
- Do not play music or tease animals during the trek.
- Avoid using deodorant or perfume on the day of the trek.
- Participants are liable for spendings during trek and travel intermissions.
- The event schedule may delay or advance due to unforeseen conditions so timings aren't mentioned except the event start time.
- Alcohol consumption/ smoking/ any kind of intoxication is strictly prohibited. Will be expelled from the event If found with consumption.
- Any kind of misconduct from the participant will be tolerated by our team.
- Please do not litter any plastic; we commit to keeping our events clean.
- The washroom facility is inadequate during the course of the event.
- Participants should coordinate, maintain discipline and align together as a team during the event.
- Avoid wearing expensive accessories/ Jewellery in the trek.
- Please do not expect luxury facilities and appreciate being cooperative with fellow participants.
- Though we assure safety as a top priority, the RamblersIndia team is not responsible for any severe injuries or fatal events.
- No concession for bringing your own safety gear like a climbing helmet, harness, or your own tent.
- No group discount is applicable.
- Minimum strength required is 8 form the event to happen, a full refund of the event fee is provided if we cancel the event,, excluding convenience fee if paid through razor pay.
- We rely on third-party payment gateways to make the registration process simple and easy, it also includes the convenience fee along with the event fee which is to be borne by the participant during check out.
- If a participant cancels their registration one day before the event or on the day of the event, a refund of 40% is paid, Refer to the Payment & Refund Policy on our website.
- No refund will be provided if the participant doesn't show up on the day of the event and also no refund if missed the local train.
HCG Ultra Trek
Inclusive of transport from Badlapur - base village - Badlapur by a hired jeep, Breakfast , Veg Lunch, Veg Dinner, evening tea, sharing tented accommodation on DAY1 & breakfast, Veg lunch on DAY2, Certified Climbing gear during climbing/ Rappelling & our technical expertise.₹2,500.00Sold Out
This event is sold out