Sat, 30 Dec|
Vasota Trek with Camping and Baramotichi Vihir
A beautiful fort in the forest surrounded by koyana backwaters.
Time & Location
30-Dec-2023, 10:00 pm – 01-Jan-2024, 10:00 pm
Vasota, Vasota, Maharashtra 415013, India
About the Event
Trekking to Vasota Fort is an exciting adventure for nature enthusiasts and history lovers. Situated in the Koyna Wildlife Sanctuary, which is located in Satara district of Maharashtra, India. From Bamnoli, we take a boat ride to the base of the fort, which is the starting point of the trek. The trek to Vasota Fort is through the dense forest of the Koyna Wildlife Sanctuary.
The boat ride to the fort is a thrilling experience, as you pass through the picturesque Shivsagar Lake of Koyna Dam. On reaching the fort, you can explore the ruins of the fort and see the old Babu Kada of Vasota, which is a cliff that reminds visitors of the famous Kokankada of Harishchandragad. The fort also has a rich history, having been under the rule of the Shilahara dynasty, the Marathas, and later the British.
Camping on the banks of the lake at Bamnoli after the trek to Vasota Fort sounds like a wonderful way to relax and unwind in nature
Next day we visit to Baramotichi Vihir, also known as the 'Twelve Pillar Stepwell', is a magnificent example of ancient Indian architecture. It is a circular stepwell with twelve pillars that support the structure. The stepwell is around 30 meters deep, and its walls are adorned with intricate carvings and sculptures. The stepwell also has an underground chamber, which was used for various purposes in ancient times.
- Grade: Easy
- Endurance: low
- Highest Elevation: 1170M
- Trek distance 7 k.m. approx
- Base Village: Bamnoli
- Boating in Koyna backwaters.
- Lakeside camping in the tents.
- Trek through forest cover.
- Baramotichi Vihir.
Day 0: Departure from Mumbai
- Depart from Dadar East, Mumbai at 10:00 PM.
- Pickup points at Chembur, Vashi, Panvel, and Pune (exact locations will be shared with registered participants).
Day 1: Trek to Vasota Fort and Lakeside Camping
- Reach the base village at 06:00 AM.
- Freshen up and have breakfast - 1 hour.
- Event briefing for 15 minutes.
- Start a 2-hour boat journey from Bamnoli to Met Indavali.
- Ascend trek to Vasota fort - 3 hours.
- Enjoy a 1-hour lunch break.
- Descend trek to the base - 2 hours.
- Take a 2-hour boat journey back to Bamnoli.
- Relax in tents near the lakeside.
- Dinner break for 1 hour.
- Rest for the night in tents.
Day 2: Visit Baramotichi Vihir and Return Journey
- Wake up call at 6:00 AM.
- Freshen up and have breakfast - 2 hours.
- Travel to Baramotichi Vihir - 2 hours.
- Guided tour of Baramotichi Vihir for 1 hour.
- Lunch break - 1 hour.
- Start the return journey to Pune/Mumbai for 4 hours (Pune) or 7 hours (Mumbai) approximately.
Price: ₹3500 from Mumbai/ ₹3100 from Pune
- Transport from Mumbai by hired NON-AC vehicle
- Breakfast, Veg packed Lunch, Evening Snacks, Veg dinner on DAY1 & breakfast, Veg Lunch on DAY2.
- Camping in Tents
- Vasota Fort Forest admission fee, boating charges.
- Guided Tour of Baramotichi Vihir.
Excluded: snacks break during travel, anything other than mentioned above, or any personal expenses.
Step 1: Book Your Seat
- Visit the event website and book your seat by completing the registration process.
Step 2: Fill Mandatory Disclaimer Form
- After payment confirmation, participants will receive a participation disclaimer form.
- Fill up the form accurately to provide necessary information.
- Compliance with the disclaimer is mandatory for participation.
Step 3: WhatsApp Group Creation
- A WhatsApp group will be created in the evening on the day of the trek departure.
- All registered participants will be added to the group.
- This group serves as a platform for communication, updates, and coordination among participants.
Water (Minimum 3 liters): Staying hydrated is crucial. Consider a durable water bottle or a hydration bladder.
Sleeping Bag & Sleeping Mat: For insulation from the cold ground and a comfortable night's sleep.
Cap/Hat & Buff/Bandana: Protects your head and neck from sun and wind.
Winter Clothing: Fleece Jacket/Sweater: Provides warmth and insulation, Beanie Cap: Keeps your head warm in cold weather.
Cutlery like Tiffin Box, Spoon.
Food Items:Fruits, Dry Fruits, Energy Bars, Healthy Snacks: Nutritious and easy-to-carry snacks for energy.
Toiletry Kit: Includes toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, etc.
Sunscreen Lotion: Protects your skin from UV rays.
Extra Clothes: Quick-dry Clothes: Lightweight and easy to dry, Extra Pair of Socks: Keep your feet dry and warm. Flip Flops: For relaxing and letting your feet breathe during travel, at campsites.
Head Torch/Torch with Spare Batteries: Essential for visibility in the dark.
Compact Foldable Backpack: Convenient during the trek to carry water, packed lunch, essentials.
Hiking Pole: Provides support and balance while walking on uneven terrain.
Personal Medicines: Carry necessary medications and a basic first aid kit.
Identity Proof: For emergencies and identification purposes.
- Mandatory Disclaimer Form: Accurate details in the online disclaimer form are mandatory. Inaccurate details will require refilling; no exceptions will be made.
- ID Card Requirement: Participants must bring an ID card for safety purposes.
- Punctuality: Respect the schedule and other participants' time; avoid causing delays.
- Parental Consent for Under 18: Participants under 18 years old must have parental consent to participate.
- Itinerary Modifications/Cancellations: Participants will be informed in advance about any itinerary changes or event cancellations due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Weather and Organizer Authority: We have the right to cancel, postpone, or relocate the event due to unexpected weather changes.
- Expense Responsibility: Participants are responsible for expenses not mentioned in the event fees.
- Misconduct and Prohibited Activities: Misconduct will not be tolerated. Strictly no alcohol consumption, smoking, or any kind of intoxication. Participants must refrain from playing loud music or teasing animals during the trek.
- Respect for Customs/Traditions: Respect local customs and traditions when visiting religious places.
- Personal Hygiene: Avoid using deodorant or perfume on the trek day. Strictly adhere to Leave No Trace principles; do not litter plastic.
- Facility Information: Washroom facilities are available at the campsite. Participants should exercise caution when hiking through forest areas.
- Group Coordination and Cooperation: Participants should coordinate, maintain discipline, and work together as a team. Appreciate cooperative behavior with fellow participants.
- Safety Disclaimer: While safety is a priority, the Ramblersindia team and designated trek leaders are not responsible for severe injuries or fatalities.
- Payment and Registration: Participants are responsible for bearing convenience fees charged by payment gateways. No concession for availing limited service or bringing your own tent. No group discounts are applicable.
- Mandatory Disclaimer Form: Registered participants must fill the online disclaimer form accurately. Inaccurate details may require refilling, causing potential delays.
- Age Requirement:Participants under 18 years must have parental consent to participate.
- Third-Party Payment Gateways: We utilize third-party payment gateways to simplify the registration process. The convenience fee, along with the main event fee, is included and will be displayed at checkout. This fee is to be borne by the customer.
- Transaction Confirmation: Participants paying through UPI/NEFT to our current account (where the convenience fee is nil) must provide the transaction reference via email/WhatsApp for confirmation.
- Group Discount: Group discounts are not applicable for this event.
- Service Availment: No concessions or discounts will be provided if participants choose not to avail of specific services offered during the event.
- Withdrawal: If a participant withdraws from the event after registration, carry forward of the amount is not available. Refunds will be provided as per the refund policy in place at the time of withdrawal.
- Refund Medium: Refunds will be processed through the same medium the payment has been made.
- Processing Time: Refunds may take between 3 to 10 working days to be processed. If the amount hasn't been refunded within this period, the paid recipient needs to check with the payment gateway support for assistance.
- UPI and Current Account Payments: Refunds will be processed within 2 days and instantly transferred if paid through UPI or transferred to our current account.
- Refund Issuance: Refunds will not be issued in cash or coupons unless agreed upon with the participant. A refund receipt will be issued for documentation purposes.
- Exclusion of Convenience Fee: Refunds exclude the convenience fee. This is applicable for those who paid through third-party channels or payment gateways, which includes an extra convenience fee. For instance, if the event price is 1000 and the convenience fee is 5%, making the total paid amount 1050, during the refund, only the event fee of 1000 will be considered, excluding the convenience fee.
- Refund Percentages:60% refund for cancellation three days or more before the event. 50% refund for cancellation two days before the event. 40% refund for cancellation one day before the event. 30% refund on the day of the event. No refund for a no-show.
- Event Cancellation: Full event fee refunds will be provided if the event is canceled, excluding the convenience fee.
Inclusive of Transport from Mumbai by hired NON-AC vehicle Breakfast, Veg packed Lunch, Evening Snacks, Veg dinner on DAY1 & breakfast, Veg Lunch on DAY2. Camping in Tents Vasota Fort Forest admission fee, boating charges. Guided Tour of Baramotichi Vihir. Excluded: snacks break during travel, anything other than mentioned above, or any personal expenses. Excluded: snacks break during travel, Cool drinks, or any personal expenses.₹3,500.00
Inclusive of Transport from Mumbai by hired NON-AC vehicle Breakfast, Veg packed Lunch, Evening Snacks, Veg dinner on DAY1 & breakfast, Veg Lunch on DAY2. Camping in Tents Vasota Fort Forest admission fee, boating charges. Guided Tour of Baramotichi Vihir. Excluded: snacks break during travel, anything other than mentioned above, or any personal expenses.₹3,100.00