Sun, 17 Sept|
A vast fort near Lonavala Maval region.
Time & Location
17 Sept, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Visapur Fort, Lohagad Trek Rd, Malavli, Maharashtra 410406, India
About the Event
Visapur Fort, situated near Lonavla, has a rich history that's intertwined with various rulers and historical events. Originally believed to have been built during the 17th century, Visapur Fort was used as a watch tower at the trade route between Mumbai & pune.
Experience a day hike to this beautiful fort which has remnants of ancient structures, bastions, gateways, and water cisterns. The Bhaje Caves, carved into the same mountain, also add to the historical significance of the area.
- Grade: Easy
- Endurance: Moderate
- Highest Elevation: 950M
- Base: Malavli
- Report to our team at Malavali Railway Station - 08:30AM (Refer how to reach section from Mumbai/ Pune)
- Breakfast & Trek Briefing - 45 min.
- Travel by hired vehicle from Malavli to the starting point - 30 min.
- Ascent Trek to Visapur Fort - 45min.
- Explore Visapur fort - 3 hours.
- Descent Trek to Malavli - 1 1/2 hours.
- Lunch break - 1 hour.
- Event concludes at Malavli.
How to Reach:
- Train - Board the 05:40 AM Indrayani EXP (22105)from CSMT to Lonavala/ 05:5AM INDB - Daund Exp (22944) from Kalyan
- Board the 08:20 AM Lonavala to Pune Local Train, Deboard at Malavli Railway Station.
- Road - Reach Malavli Railway by 08:30 AM
- By train - Board the 07:05 AM Pune to Lonavala local train, deboard at Malavli Railway Station
- Road - Reach Malavli by 08:30 AM
✔ Travel by hired vehicle from Malavli to Trek start point
✔ Veg Lunch
✔ Our Expertise
✔ Any permits
Excluded: Travel to Lonavla/ Malavli from Mumbai/ Pune, personnel expenses during snacks break.
How to Register:
Step -1: Book your seat through online payment on our website or UPI/ NEFT to RamblersIndia Current Account.
Step-2: Fill up the participation disclaimer form, which will be sent after payment confirmation.
A WhatsApp group of the registered participants will be created in the evening on the day of the event departure for travel coordination.
What to Wear:
- Trekking/ Hiking shoes with a sturdy grip.
- Comfortable quick-dry full sleeve quick dry shirt/ tshirt.
- Full-length hiking trousers (avoid jeans or cotton wear).
Things to Carry:
Carry a single rucksack with the following things:
- Minimum 2 litres of water.
- Raincoat/ Poncho, Cap.
- Food items like fruits, dry fruits, energy bars, healthy snacks.
- Toiletry kit, sunscreen lotion, mosquito repellent.
- extra clothes, extra pairs of socks, flip-flops.
- Hiking pole.
- Personal medicines.
- Identity Proof.
- Participants should bring an ID Card for their safety.
- After payment, a registered participant will need to fill up the mandatory disclaimer online form with accurate details, else will be asked to refill by our team.
- Please do not cause delay and cause inconvenience for others and impact the schedule.
- Under 18 years of age must take the consent of the parents to participate.
- Participants will be notified prior to when the itinerary is modified/the event gets canceled due to any unforeseen circumstances.
- If there is any unexpected change in weather during the event, we have the right to cancel/postpone or arrange at an alternate location.
- Participants are liable to bear/pay for the expenses that are not mentioned in the expenses.
- The event schedule may delay or advance due to unforeseen conditions, hence timings aren't mentioned except for the event start, end time.
- Any kind of misconduct from the participant will not be tolerated by our team.
- Alcohol consumption/ smoking/ any kind of intoxication is strictly prohibited. Will be expelled from the event If found with consumption.
- Do not play loud music or tease animals during the trek.
- Please do not litter any plastic; we strictly adhere to Leave No Trace principles.
- The washroom facility is inadequate during the trek
- There will be stream crossings in the trek on the second day of the trek.
- A life jacket is mandatory to dive in the Secret waterfall plunge.
- Participants should coordinate, be disciplined and align together as a team during the event.
- Please do not expect luxury facilities and appreciate being cooperative with fellow participants.
- Though we assure safety as a top priority, event organizers are not responsible for any severe injuries or fatalities.
- No group discount is applicable.
- We rely on third-party payment gateways to make the registration process simple and easy, it also includes the convenience fee along with the event fee which is to be borne by the participant during check out.
- If a participant cancels their registration one day before the event or on the day of the event, a refund of 40% is paid, Refer to the Payment & Refund Policy on our website.
- No refund will be provided if the participant doesn't show up on the day of the event or cancelled on the day of the event.
Visapur with Ramblersindia
Included ✔ Travel by hired vehicle from Malavli to Trek start point ✔ Breakfast ✔ Veg Lunch ✔ Our Expertise ✔ Any permits Excluded: Travel to Lonavla/ Malavli from Mumbai/ Pune, personnel expenses during snacks break.