Fri, 07 Apr|
Velas Turtle Festival with Homestay from Mumbai
Time & Location
07 Apr, 10:00 pm – 09 Apr, 8:00 pm
Velas, Velas, Maharashtra 415208, India
About the Event
Velas Turtle festival brings us a wonderful experience to witness the Olive Ridley turtle hatchlings making their way to the Arabian Sea from the shores of Velas beach. Velas beach is known for its conservation efforts and is a nesting site for Olive Ridley turtles, which are an endangered species.
The turtle conservation project initiated by SNM in coastal Maharashtra, and particularly in Velas, has been successful in protecting a large number of nests and releasing a significant number of hatchlings into the sea. This is an important contribution to the conservation of the Olive Ridley turtle population, which is under threat due to various factors such as pollution, climate change, and human activities.
Apart from witnessing the turtle hatchlings, there are many other interesting attractions in the area to explore. The Bankot fort is one of the major attractions in the region and offers stunning views of the surrounding area. The Harihareshwar temple is also a popular destination, known for its Pradakshina route, which is a circumambulation of the temple.
Staying in a home stay in Velas would be a great way to experience the local culture and cuisine. You can expect to enjoy typical homemade cuisine during your stay and get a chance to interact with the locals and learn more about their way of life.
- Three visits to the Turtle Hatching area.
- Experience Homestay.
- Bankot fort.
- Ferry crossing.
- Harihareshwar pradakshina route.
- Konkan Homemade food.
- Depart by hired AC vehicle from Dadar East, Mumbai at 10:00 PM with pickup points at Chembur, Vashi, & Panvel. ( exact locations will be shared with the registered participants)
- Reach Velas village - 05:30AM.
- Fresh up - 30 minutes.
- Event briefing & Introduction.
- Reach Velas nesting area.
- Witness turtles hatchlings making their way into the sea - 2 hours.
- Breakfast at villagers home - 45 minutes.
- Visit Bankot fort - 3 hours.
- Lunch break - 1 hour.
- Allocate sharing accommodation at Velas Homestay.
- Relax time till evening.
- Visit the Velas turtle nesting area in the evening.
- Dinner break - 1 hour
- Rest for the day at homestay
- Wakeup call - 05:30 AM
- Fresh up at homestay - 30 minutes.
- Visit to Velas turtle nesting area - 2 hours.
- Breakfast at homestay - 45 minutes.
- Travel to Harihareshwar by vehicle- 1 ½ hours.
- Lunch break - 1 hour.
- Return journey to Mumbai - 6 hours.
✔ Travel from Mumbai by AC Luxury seater Bus
✔ Breakfast, Veg Lunch, Veg Dinner on Day 1, Breakfast, Veg Lunch on Day 2
✔ Village Dormitory Homestay at Velas.
✔ Forest Fee, any entry fees.
✔ Ferry crossing
✘ Snacks break during the road journey
✘ Any Personel expense
✘ Non-Veg Meals at Homestay
How to Register:
- Book your seat through online payment on our website or UPI/ NEFT to RamblersIndia Current Account ( send us the screenshot of the transaction).
- Fill up the Mandatory participation disclaimer form which will be sent after payment confirmation and select the preferable pickup location.
- We will create a WhatsApp group of the registered participants in the evening on the day of the event departure for coordination.
What to Wear:
- Sandals / slippers.
- comfortable clothes.
What to Bring:
Carry a single rucksack with the following things:
- Minimum 2 water bottles ( avoid buying packaged bottles) .
- Food items like fruits, dry fruits, energy bars, healthy snacks.
- Windcheater/ blanket during travel.
- Cap/ Hat
- Toiletry kit, sunscreen lotion & mosquito repellent.
- Two Spare sets of clothes, Towel.
- A litter bag for non-biodegradable (plastic) litter.
- Spare face masks, Hand Sanitizer.
- Personal medicines.
- Identity Proof.
- Visibility of hatchlings aren't guaranteed and we aren't responsible if not sighted at the nesting area though we put the event on the best dates based on the feedback from the locals.
- Participants should bring an ID Card for their safety.
- Participants are requested to wear the mask at all times during the travel and follow the Covid-19 travel protocols issued by MOHFW
- Participants should fill up the mandatory disclaimer online form with accurate details after payment confirmation.
- Inaccurate details in the disclaimer form won’t be accepted and our team may request to refill the disclaimer.
- Below 16 must take the consent of the parents to participate.
- Please do not cause delay and cause inconvenience for others and impact the schedule.
- Participants will be notified in advance when the itinerary is modified/the event gets cancelled due to any unforeseen circumstances.
- If there is an unexpected change in weather during the event, the organiser has the right to withdraw/ retreat.
- Participants are requested not to wear expensive jewellery/ accessories on the trip.
- Total trip distance would be approx 650 km. in an A.C. vehicle, hence we recommend carrying a blanket during the trip.
- During visits to the beach do not enter into restricted areas.
- Respect the customs/traditions when visiting any religious places.
- Participants should pay for the expenses that's not excluded or mentioned in the event.
- Event schedule may delay or advance due to unforeseen conditions so timings haven't been mentioned except in the event start and end time.
- Alcohol consumption/ smoking tobacco/ weed is strictly prohibited. Will be expelled from the event If found with consumption of any narcotics.
- Please do not litter any plastic (biscuit pack covers, candy wrappers etc.) during the trip. We commit to keep our events clean.
- Participants should coordinate, maintain discipline and align together as a team during the event.
- Please do not expect luxury facilities and appreciate being cooperative with fellow participants.
- Though we assure safety as a top priority, the RamblersIndia team is not responsible for any severe injuries or fatal events.
- No group discount is applicable.
- We rely on third-party payment gateways to make the registration process simple and easy, it also includes the convenience fee along with the event fee which is to be borne by the participant during check out.
- If a participant cancels their registration one day before the event or on the day of the event, a refund of 40% is paid, Refer to the Payment & Refund Policy on our website.
Velas turtle festival
Inclusive of transport from Mumbai by AC semi sleeper Bus, Breakfast, Veg Lunch, Veg Dinner, homestay at Velas on Day1; breakfast, Veg Lunch, ferry crossing on Day 2 Excluded: snacks break during the road journey, seafood at stay, Cool drinks, or any personal expenses.