Sun, 14 Aug|
Songiri Monsoon Trek
• Offbeat trail • Beautiful landscapes • View of Palasdhari dam •
Time & Location
14-Aug-2022, 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
Karjat, Songiri Fort, Newali, Enam), Beed, Karjat, Maharashtra 410201, India
About the Event
MonsoonTrek to Songiri fort in Karjat area near Palasdhari, Also known as Palasdhari fort or Avalas by the locals. This fort was built to guard the bhor ghat. A water cistern is present at the summit.
We will be travelling by a hired vehicle from Karjat railway station to Newali, start the trek after breakfast, rest at the summit, descend to the base village, have a homemade lunch at a villager's house, travel by hired vehicle to Karjat railway station.
Highest Elevation: 480 M
Total Distance: 7KM approx.
Base Village: Newali
- Reporting at Karjat Railway Station - 08:15AM (Board the 06:10AM CSMT to Karjat Fast train on Central Line)
- Travel by hired vehicle from Karjat Railway station - 30 minutes.
- Breakfast at Villager's home - 30 minutes.
- Event briefing & introduction - 15 minutes.
- Ascent trek to Songiri - 3 hours.
- Relax at the summit - 30 minutes.
- Descent trek to Base Village- 2 hours.
- Lunch break at Villagers house - 1 hour
- Return journey by hired vehicle to karjat - 30 minutes.
✔ Travel from Karjat by hired vehicle
✔ Veg Lunch
How to Register:
Step -1: Book your seat through online payment on our website or UPI/ NEFT to RamblersIndia Current Account.
Step-2: Fill up the participation disclaimer form, which will be sent after payment confirmation.
A WhatsApp group of the registered participants will be created in the evening on the day of the event departure for travel coordination.
What to Wear:
- Trekking/ Hiking shoes with a sturdy grip.
- Comfortable quick-dry full sleeve quick dry shirt/ tshirt.
- Full-length hiking trousers (avoid jeans or cotton wear).
Things to Carry:
- Carry a single rucksack with the following things:
- Minimum 2 liters of water.
- Raincoat/ Poncho, Cap.
- Food items like fruits, dry fruits, energy bars, healthy snacks.
- Toiletry kit, sunscreen lotion, mosquito repellent.
- Extra set of clothes, an extra pair of socks, flip-flops.
- Hiking pole.
- Litter bag for non-biodegradable (plastic) litter.
- Personal medicines.
- Identity Proof.
- Participants should bring an ID Card for their safety.
- Participant to fill up the mandatory disclaimer online form with accurate details after payment confirmation.
- Please do not cause delay and cause inconvenience for others and impact the schedule if you are not able to reach the pickup point at the said time.
- Below 16 must take the consent of the parents to participate.
- Participants will be notified in advance when the itinerary is modified/ the event gets cancelled due to any unforeseen circumstances.
- If there is an unexpected change in weather during the event, our team has the right to withdraw/ retreat.
- Do not play loud music or tease animals during the trek.
- Any kind of misconduct from the participant will not be tolerated by our team.
- Avoid using deodorant or perfume on the day of the trek.
- Participants are liable for personal expenses that are not mentioned in the pricing.
- Event schedule may delay or advance due to unforeseen conditions, so timings aren't mentioned except the event start and end time.
- Alcohol consumption/ smoking/ any kind of intoxication is strictly prohibited. Will be expelled from the event If found with consumption.
- Please do not litter any plastic; we strictly adhere to Leave No Trace principles.
- Washroom facility is inadequate during the trek.
- Participants should coordinate, maintain discipline, and align together as a team during the event.
- Avoid wearing expensive accessories/ Jewelry in the outdoor event.
- Please do not expect luxury facilities and appreciate being cooperative with fellow participants.
- Though we assure safety as a top priority, the RamblersIndia team is not responsible for any severe injuries or fatal events.
- No group discount is applicable.
- We rely on third-party payment gateways to make the registration process simple and easy, it also includes the convenience fee along with the event fee which is to be borne by the participant during check out.
- If a participant cancels their registration one day before the event or on the day of the event, a refund of 40% of the event fee is provided, Refer to the Payment & Refund Policy on our website.
- No refund will be provided if the participant doesn't show up on the day of the event, and also no refund if missed the local train.
Songiri Monsoon Trek
Included ✔ Travel from Karjat by hired vehicle ✔ Breakfast ✔ Veg Lunch Excluded ✘ Snacks₹850.00