Sat, 14 Aug|
• Subedhar waterfall • • Stream Crossings • • Stone carvings near the Ganesh temple • • Grade: Moderate, Endurance: High, Highest Elevation: 570M, Trek Distance: 14k.m approx •
Time & Location
14-Aug-2021, 10:00 pm – 15-Aug-2021, 9:00 pm
Siddhagad, Sidhgad, Maharashtra 410509, India
About the Event
Siddhagad is one of the highest forts in Thane District, in ancient times this fort along with neighboring Gorakghad is used to keep a close watch on the trade routes from Deccan to Konkan. The trails from the Narivali, Urchale leads us to a remote hamlet named siddaghadpada from where the trek starts to the siddhagad which is under the BhimaShankar wildlife sanctuary. The trail in monsoon is very scenic through the forest cover with a gradual ascent, stream crossings, then come the main entrance of the fort, just near the temple, there is Ganesh temple, behind the temple we see many stone relics as well as a cannon. From the main entrance, the path leads us to Siddhagadwadi where few people live.
Note: In this trek, we aren’t summiting to the Balekilla considering the monsoon season as the trail is very narrow with few rock-carved stairs and exposed to valley.
We will be leaving overnight from Mumbai by a hired vehicle to the base village, Rest till morning hours in the vehicle, Freshen up and breakfast in the morning at villagers place, start the trek to Siddhagad with a visit to the waterfall, relax near the Ganesh temple at Siddhagad, descent back to the siddhagadpada,, have lunch at villagers place, travel back to Mumbai.
- Subedhar waterfall.
- Stream Crossings.
- Stone carvings near the Ganesh temple.
Grade: Moderate, Endurance: High, Highest Elevation: 570M, Trek Distance: 14k.m approx
₹1200 per head, Inclusive of transport from Mumbai by hired vehicle, Breakfast, and Veg Lunch.
Excluded: personnel expenses like cold drinks, snacks, packaged water bottles.
How to Register:
Step -1: Book your seat through online payment or NEFT to RamblersIndia Current Account.
Step-2: After seat confirmation, you will be requested to fill up the Mandatory participation disclaimer form.
Step -3: Now your participation is confirmed & we will create a WhatsApp group on the day of the event for coordination. We will coordinate through SMS/ Call if the participant is not available on WhatsApp.
What to Wear:
Trekking shoes/ hiking boots.
Full sleeve synthetic/ polyester t-shirt/ shirt.
Full-length hiking trousers/ track-pant.
Things to Carry:
Pack the following things in a hiking daypack:
Minimum 2 liters of water.
Food items like fruits, dry fruits, tepla, energy bars, etc.
Dry fruits, ready-to-eat food, and healthy snacks.
Spare set of clothes, extra pair of socks (pack them separately in a waterproof polythene bag).
Toiletry kit, sunscreen lotion & mosquito repellent.
flip flops during travel.
An extra pouch for non-biodegradable (plastic) litter.
Spare face masks, Hand Sanitizer.
- Participants should bring an ID Card for their safety.
- Participants are requested to wear the mask at all times during the travel and follow the Covid-19 travel protocols issued by MOHFW.
- Participants to fill up the mandatory disclaimer online form with accurate details after payment confirmation.
- Inaccurate details in the disclaimer form won’t be accepted and our team may request to refill the disclaimer.
- Please do not cause delay and cause inconvenience for others and impact the schedule if you are not able to reach the pickup point at the said time.
- Below 16 must take the consent of the parents to participate.
- Participants will be notified in advance when the itinerary is modified/ the event gets canceled due to any unforeseen circumstances.
- If there is an unexpected change in weather during the event, the organizer has the right to withdraw/ retreat.
- Do not play loud music or tease animals during the trek.
- Avoid deodorant or perfume.
- Participants should pay for the expenses that are not mentioned in the expenses.
- The event schedule may delay or advance due to unforeseen conditions so timings aren't mentioned except the event start and end time.
- Alcohol consumption/ smoking/ any kind of intoxication is strictly prohibited. Will be expelled from the event If found with consumption.
- Please do not litter any plastic; we strictly adhere to Leave No Trace principles.
- The washroom facility is available at Siddhagadpada village.
- Participants should coordinate, maintain discipline, and align together as a team during the event.
- Avoid wearing expensive accessories/ Jewellery in the outdoor event.
- Please do not expect luxury facilities and appreciate being cooperative with fellow ramblers.
- Though we assure safety as a top priority, the RamblersIndia team is not responsible for any severe injuries or fatal events.
Inclusive of transport from Mumbai by hired vehicle, Breakfast, and Veg Lunch. Excluded: personnel expenses like cold drinks, snacks, packaged water bottles.₹1,200.00