Sat, 08 Jul|
Sondai Fort Trek
A short hike near morbe dam
Time & Location
08 Jul, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Sondewadi, W7WW+89X, Sondewadi, Maharashtra 410102, India
About the Event
Trek to Sondai Fort near Morbe Dam in the Karjat area! Sondai Fort is known for a watch tower, sondai devi idol at the summit and offers a great opportunity for beginners to experience trekking without prior experience. The presence of ladders and steep rock patches with installed ladders ensures a safe path to the summit, making it accessible for newcomers.
Once you reach the summit, you'll be rewarded with stunning views and interesting sights. You can enjoy panoramic views of various notable points in the vicinity, such as Matheran Hills, Irshalgad, Prabalghad, and the picturesque Morbe Dam.
- Grade: Easy
- Endurance: Low
- Highest Elevation: 495M
- Total Trek Distance: 4KM approx
- Base village: Sondewadi
- Reporting time at Karjat railway station – 08:45 AM (Board the 06:49 AM CSMT - Karjat Fast local train in Central Line)
- Road journey from Karjat Railway station to base village by hired vehicle's – 40 minutes.
- Event Briefing & introduction – 20 min.
- Breakfast at Villager’s house – 30 min
- Ascent trek to the Sondai fort – 1 ½ hours.
- Rest at the summit – 30 minutes.
- Descent trek to Sondewadi village – 1 hour.
- Lunch Break at villager's house – 1 hour.
- Travel by road to Karjat Railway station – 40 minutes.
✔ Travel from Karjat by hired vehicles
✔ Breakfast, Veg Lunch
✔ Our Expertise
✘ Anything that's not mentioned in the Included section
Step -1: Book your seat through online payment on our website (send us the screenshot of the transaction if doing UPI/NEFT).
Step-2: Fill up the Mandatory participation disclaimer form which will be sent after payment confirmation and select the preferable pickup location.
Step -3: We will create a WhatsApp group of the registered participants in the evening on the day of the event departure for coordination.
What to Wear:
- Trekking/ Hiking shoes with a sturdy grip.
- Comfortable quick-dry full sleeve quick dry shirt/ tshirt.
- Full-length hiking trousers (avoid jeans or cotton wear).
Things to Carry:
- Carry a single rucksack with the following things:
- Minimum 2 liters of water.
- Raincoat/ Poncho, Cap.
- Food items like fruits, dry fruits, energy bars, healthy snacks.
- Toiletry kit, sunscreen lotion, mosquito repellent.
- Extra set of clothes, an extra pair of socks, flip-flops.
- Hiking pole.
- Personal medicines.
Terms and Conditions:
- Participants should bring an ID Card for their safety.
- Participant to fill up the mandatory disclaimer online form with accurate details after payment confirmation.
- Please do not cause delay and cause inconvenience for others which will impact our schedule.
- Below 16 must take the consent of the parents to participate.
- Participants will be notified in advance when the itinerary is modified/ the event gets cancelled due to any unforeseen circumstances.
- If there is an unexpected change in weather during the event, our team has the right to withdraw/ retreat.
- The travel to the destination is through a ghat road, those allergic to such roads need to take proper precautions.
- During monsoon, the travel time varies on the road conditions, weather and traffic, though we mention the timings it may vary during the day of the event.
- Do not play loud music or tease animals during the trek.
- Any kind of misconduct from the participant will not be tolerated by our team.
- Avoid using deodorant or perfume on the day of the trek.
- Participants are liable for personal expenses that are not mentioned in the pricing.
- Event schedule may delay or advance due to unforeseen conditions, so timings aren't mentioned except the event start and end time.
- Alcohol consumption/ smoking/ any kind of intoxication is strictly prohibited. Will be expelled from the event If found with consumption.
- Please do not litter any plastic; we strictly adhere to Leave No Trace principles.
- Washroom facility is inadequate during the trek.
- Participants should coordinate, maintain discipline, and align together as a team during the event.
- Avoid wearing expensive accessories/ Jewelry in the trek.
- Please do not expect luxury facilities and appreciate being cooperative with fellow ramblers.
- Though we assure safety as a top priority, the RamblersIndia team is not responsible for any severe injuries or fatal events.
- No group discount is applicable.
- We rely on third-party payment gateways to make the registration process simple and easy, it also includes the convenience fee along with the event fee which is to be borne by the participant during check out.
- Refer to the Payment & Refund Policy on our website about cancellation refunds.
- No refund will be provided if the participant doesn't show up on the day of the event, and also no refund if missed the train.
Inclusive of Travel by hired vehicles from Karjat - Sondewadi - Karjat, Breakfast, Veg Lunch & our expertise.