Sun, 08 May|
Sandhan Valley Ascent Trek
• Jumaring • Rock Climbing • Chimney Climbing
Time & Location
08-May-2022, 12:45 am – 7:30 pm
Ahmednagar, Sandhan Valley, Maharashtra, India
About the Event
An Ascent trek through the Sandhan Valley that involves rock climbing, chimney climbing, Jumaring, scrambling. A challenging trek especially at the vertical rock patch where we will be setting up a fix rope to ascend to the top using a jumar device, a complete adventurous package.
Sandhan Valley is one of the unique beautiful treks in our country that has a 4 km long stretch of the crevice, the gorge reaches a depth of more than 200 feet. At the end of the trek, we could relax at the water crossing.
We travel by a hired jeep from Asangaon to Dehene, rest till the morning hours at villager's house, have breakfast, hike to the Karoli Ghat from where the adventure begins with rock climbing to ascend through the valley till Sandhan Entrance point near Samrad Village.
Note: Not for beginners, only those who have taken part in the high endurance treks with us or other outdoor clubs or having good stamina/ fitness levels with good BMI will be preferred to take part in this trek.
- Jumaring, Rock Climbing, Chimney Climbing
- Water crossing in the Sandhan Valley.
- Delicious homemade lunch
Grade: Tough, Endurance: High, Total Trek Distance: 12 k.m approx.
• Reporting time at Asangaon Railway station - 12:45 AM (Take 10:50 PM CSMT - Kasara Fast local train on Saturday)
• Travel by hired vehicle to the base village from Asangaon- 1 ½ hour.
• Rest till morning hours (Bring sleeping bag/ blankets)
• Fresh up and breakfast - 1 hour.
• Event Briefing & Safety Instructions - 20 min.
• Hike to Karoli ghat - 1 hour.
• Ascent Trek in Sandhan Valley - 6 to 8 hours.
• Fresh Up & Lunch at Samrad village - 1 hour.
• Road journey from Samrad to Kasara Railway station by hired vehicle - 2 ½ hours.
✔ transport by hired vehicles
✔ Breakfast, Veg Lunch
✔ Climbing gear during rock climbing activity
✔ Forest Entry fee
✔ Our Technical Expertise
✘ Snacks break on the highway or any personal expenses
How to Register:
Step -1: Book your seat through online payment on our website or UPI/ NEFT to RamblersIndia Current Account.
Step-2: Fill up the Mandatory participation disclaimer form which will be sent after payment confirmation and select the preferable pickup location.
Step -3: We will create a WhatsApp group of the registered participants in the evening on the day of the event departure for coordination.
What to Wear:
- Trekking/ Hiking shoes with a sturdy grip.
- Comfortable quick-dry full sleeve clothes (avoid jeans or cotton wear).
Things to Carry:
Carry a single rucksack with the following things:
- Minimum 3 liters of water.
- Sleeping bag/ blanket for bedding.
- Cap/ Hat & Buff/ Bandana.
- Food items like fruits, dry fruits, energy bars, healthy snacks.
- Toiletry kit, sunscreen lotion, mosquito repellent.
- Extra set of quick-dry clothes, an extra pair of socks, flip-flops.
- Hiking pole.
- Litter bag for non-biodegradable (plastic) litter.
- Spare face masks, Hand Sanitizer.
- Personal medicines.
- Identity Proof.
- Participants should bring an ID Card for their safety.
- After payment, a registered participant will need to fill up the mandatory disclaimer online form.
- Inaccurate details in the disclaimer form won’t be accepted and our team may request to refill the disclaimer.
- A climbing helmet, harness must be equipped whenever our team instruct during rock climbing activity, without safety we will not allow anyone in the rock climbing task.
- Below 16 must take the consent of the parents to participate.
- Please do not cause delay and cause inconvenience for others and impact the schedule.
- Participants will be notified in advance when the itinerary is modified/the event gets canceled due to any unforeseen circumstances.
- If there is an unexpected change in weather during the event, the organizer has the right to withdraw/ retreat.
- Do not play music or tease animals during the trek.
- Avoid using deodorant or perfume on the day of the trek.
- Participants are liable for spending during trek and travel intermissions.
- The event schedule may delay or advance due to unforeseen conditions, so timings aren't mentioned except the event start time.
- Alcohol consumption/ smoking/ any kind of intoxication is strictly prohibited. Will be expelled from the event If found with consumption.
- Any kind of misconduct from the participant will be tolerated by our team.
- Please do not litter any plastic; we commit to keeping our events clean.
- The washroom facility is inadequate during the course of the event.
- Participants should coordinate, maintain discipline and align together as a team during the event.
- Avoid wearing expensive accessories/ Jewelry in the trek.
- Please do not expect luxury facilities and appreciate being cooperative with fellow participants.
- Though we assure safety as a top priority, the RamblersIndia team is not responsible for any severe injuries or fatal events.
- No concession for bringing your own safety gear like a climbing helmet, harness, or your own tent.
- No group discount is applicable.
- We rely on third-party payment gateways to make the registration process simple and easy, it also includes the convenience fee along with the event fee which is to be borne by the participant during check out.
- If a participant cancels their registration one day before the event or on the day of the event, a refund of 40% is paid, Refer to the Payment & Refund Policy on our website.
- No refund will be provided if the participant doesn't show up on the day of the event, and also no refund if missed the local train.
18 hours 45 minutes
Sandhan Ascent Ramblersindia
Included ✔ transport by hired vehicles ✔ Breakfast, Veg Lunch ✔ Climbing gear during rock climbing activity ✔ Forest Entry fee ✔ Our Technical Expertise Excluded ✘ Snacks break on the highway or any personal expenses