Fri, 01 Oct|
Magnificent views of landscapes & mountains. Sonki flowers throughout Ratangad fort trail. Nedha of Ratangad. Triambak Darwaja. Konkan Darwaja. Homemade Maharashtrian food.
Time & Location
01-Oct-2021, 10:00 pm – 02-Oct-2021, 10:00 pm
Ahmednagar, Ratanwadi Village, Maharashtra 422604, India
About the Event
Ratangad means jewel of forts and carried importance before British rule. The forts like Alang, Madan, Kulang, and areas like Rajur and Sokali were under the supervision of this fort. It was kept under the control of a Koli chieftain, Jawaji, in 1763. Captain Godard captured the fort in 1820. But as he left the fort later, the ex-killedar Govindrao rebelled with the help of Ramaji Bhagria and captured the fort again.
Ratangad fort has two base villages, i.e. Ratanwadi is known for the very beautiful temple of Amruteshwar, constructed in Hemadpanti style. Another famous village is Samrad which is known famously for the Sandhan Valley. In this trek, we ascend the fort from Samrad village to Trimbak Darwaza through the interesting rock-cut steps. Explore the fort attractions such as Ganesh gate, visit the caves, and head towards nedhe (needlepoint) through Hanuman gate. However, before heading to the nedhe we'll cover other noteworthy points like Ranichi Huda bastion, half-buried Konkan Darwaja, various water cisterns, etc. Later we move towards nedhe, resting here for a while amongst the cool breeze. We'll proceed our descent towards Samrad.
Attractions of the trek:
- Magnificent views of landscapes & mountains.
- Sonki flowers throughout Ratangad fort trail.
- Nedhe of Ratangad.
- Triambak Darwaja.
- Konkan Darwaja.
- Homemade Maharashtrian food.
Grade: Moderate, Endurance: Medium, Highest Elevation: 1295M, Trek Distance: 12 KM Approx.
₹1400 per head, Inclusive of transport from Mumbai by hired vehicle, Forest entry fee, Breakfast, Veg Lunch, and our expertise.
Excluded: personnel expenses like cold drinks, snacks, packaged water bottles.
How to Register:
Step -1: Book your seat through online payment on our website or NEFT to RamblersIndia Current Account.
Step-2: After seat confirmation, you will be requested to fill up the Mandatory participation disclaimer form.
Step -3: Now your participation is confirmed & we will create a WhatsApp group on the day of the event for coordination. We will coordinate through SMS/ Call if the participant is not available on WhatsApp.
What to Wear:
- Trekking shoes/ hiking boots.
- Full sleeve synthetic/ polyester t-shirt/ shirt.
- Full-length hiking trousers/ track-pant.
Things to Carry:
- Pack the following things in a hiking daypack:
- Minimum 2 liters of water.
- Food items like fruits, dry fruits, energy bars, healthy snacks.
- Raincoat/ Poncho.
- Spare set of clothes, extra pair of socks (pack them in a waterproof polythene bag).
- Toiletry kit, sunscreen lotion & mosquito repellent.
- flip flops during travel.
- Litter bag for non-biodegradable (plastic) litter.
- Spare face masks, Hand Sanitizer.
- Personal medicines.
- Identity Proof.