Sun, 23 Jan|
Matheran Rambaug - one tree point trek
• Offbeat trail to Matheran • Beautiful landscapes • View of Morbe dam • Homemade local cuisine •Trek Facts Grade: Moderate, Endurance: Low-Medium, Highest Elevation: 748 M, Total Distance: 8.5KM approx
Time & Location
23-Jan-2022, 8:15 am – 5:30 pm
Matheran, Rambaug Point, Matheran, Maharashtra 410102, India
About the Event
Trek to Matheran Rambaug point, a lesser-known trail that leads to Rambaug point of Matheran near Morbe Dam. The trek starts from Burujwadi where we cross multiple plateaus till the top and then through the forest cover on a well-laid trail to the Rambaug point. A completely offbeat experience with a beautiful view of Morbe Dam and the surrounding mountains.
Matheran is a vehicle-free zone hill station with many attractions called points. We will ascend to Rambaug point, hike towards one tree hill point with snacks break in between, and descend towards Ambewadi village followed by lunch at the local villagers' home.
- Offbeat trail to Matheran.
- Beautiful landscapes.
- View of Morbe dam.
- Homemade local cuisine.
Grade: Moderate, Endurance: Low-Medium, Highest Elevation: 748 M, Total Distance: 8.5KM approx
₹800 per head, Inclusive of transport from Karjat railway station by hired vehicle, snacks, Veg Lunch and our expertise.
Excluded: personnel expenses like cold drinks, packaged water bottles, etc.
How to Register:
Step -1: Book your seat through online payment or NEFT to RamblersIndia Current Account.
Step-2: After seat confirmation, you will be requested to fill up the Mandatory participation disclaimer form.
Step -3: Now your participation is confirmed & we will create a WhatsApp group on the day of the event for coordination. We will coordinate through SMS/ Call if the participant is not available on WhatsApp.
What to Wear:
- Trekking shoes/ hiking boots.
- Full sleeve synthetic/ polyester t-shirt/ shirt.
- Full-length hiking trousers/ track-pant.
Things to Carry:
Pack the following things in a hiking daypack:
- Minimum 2 liters of water.
- Food items like fruits, dry fruits, tepla, energy bars, etc.
- Cap/ hat.
- Food items like fruits, dry fruits, energy bars, healthy snacks.
- Spare set of clothes, extra pair of socks.
- Sunscreen lotion & mosquito repellent.
- An extra pouch for non-biodegradable (plastic) litter.
- Spare face masks, Hand Sanitizer.
- Personal medicines.
- Identity Proof.
- Participants should bring an ID Card for their safety.
- Participants are requested to wear the mask at all times during the travel and follow the Covid-19 travel protocols issued by MOHFW.
- Participants fill up the mandatory disclaimer online form with accurate details after payment confirmation.
- Inaccurate details in the disclaimer form won’t be accepted and our team may request to refill the disclaimer.
- Please do not cause delay and cause inconvenience for others and impact the schedule if you are not able to reach the pickup point at the said time.
- Below 16 must take the consent of the parents to participate.
- Participants will be notified in advance when the itinerary is modified/ the event gets canceled due to any unforeseen circumstances.
- If there is an unexpected change in weather during the event, the organizer has the right to withdraw/ retreat.
- Do not play loud music or tease animals during the trek.
- Avoid deodorant or perfume.
- Participants should pay for the expenses that are not mentioned in the expenses.
- The event schedule may delay or advance due to unforeseen conditions so timings aren't mentioned except the event start and end time.
- Alcohol consumption/ smoking/ any kind of intoxication is strictly prohibited. Will be expelled from the event If found with consumption.
- Please do not litter any plastic; we strictly adhere to Leave No Trace principles.
- The washroom facility is inadequate.
- Participants should coordinate, maintain discipline, and align together as a team during the event.
- Avoid wearing expensive accessories/ Jewellery in the outdoor event.
- Please do not expect luxury facilities and appreciate being cooperative with fellow ramblers.
- Though we assure safety as a top priority, the RamblersIndia team is not responsible for any severe injuries or fatal events.
9 hours 15 minutes
Matheran offbeat trek with RI
Inclusive of transport from Karjat railway station by hired vehicle, snacks, Veg Lunch, and our expertise. Excluded: personnel expenses like cold drinks, packaged water bottles, etc.₹800.00