Fri, 18 Feb|
Rajgad to Torna Range trek with camping
• Historical forts of Maratha kingdom • The trail from Rajgad to Torna • Camping in tents •
Time & Location
18-Feb-2022, 11:00 pm – 20-Feb-2022, 10:00 pm
Margasani, Rajgad Fort Rd, Margasani, Maharashtra 412213, India
About the Event
A two-day trek to the most prestigious forts in the history of Maratha Kingdom: Rajgad and Torna forts. Our trek starts from Pali/ Gunjawane village covering all the points of the Rajgad fort, descending towards the base via Sanjeevani Machi with camping in the tents, we will resume the range trek towards Torna fort on Day 2 which ends at Velhe village.
In the trek, you are just required to carry water, snacks in a small compact backpack during the trek and leave all other belongings in the vehicle.
Rajgad, the royal fort of Maharashtra was the first capital of the Maratha Empire during the rule of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj for almost 26 years, after which he moved the capital to Raigad Fort. The diameter of the fort at the base is 40 km making it difficult for anybody to lay siege to it, adding to its strategic value.
Highest Elevation: 1374m, Grade: Moderate.
Torna is one of the highest hill forts in Maharashtra & moderately tough to climb. Shri Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj conquered it in 1643 at the age of 16 and renamed it as Prachandagad which translates to the ‘Massive Fort’
Highest Elevation: 1405m, Grade: Moderate.
Grade: Moderate, Endurance: High, Total trek distance: 30k.m. approx.
- Historical forts of Maratha kingdom.
- The trail from Rajgad to Torna.
- Camping in tents.
₹2800 per head, Inclusive of transport from Mumbai by hired NON-AC vehicle; Breakfast, Veg Lunch, Veg dinner, tent stay on DAY1 & breakfast, lunch on DAY2.
₹2500 per head, Inclusive of transport from Pune by hired NON-AC vehicle; Breakfast, Veg Lunch, Veg dinner, tent stay on DAY1 & breakfast, lunch on DAY2.
Excluded: snacks/ lunch break during travel, Cool drinks, or any personal expenses.
How to Register:
- Book your seat through online payment on our website or UPI/ NEFT to RamblersIndia Current Account ( send us the screenshot of the transaction).
- Fill up the Mandatory participation disclaimer form which will be sent after payment confirmation and select the preferable pickup location.
- We will create a WhatsApp group of the registered participants in the evening on the day of the event departure for coordination.
What to Wear:
- Trekking shoes/ hiking boots.
- Full sleeve synthetic/ polyester t-shirt/ shirt.
- Full-length hiking trousers/ track-pant.
Things to Carry:
- Minimum 3 litres of water.
- Food items like fruits, dry fruits, energy bars, healthy snacks.
- Cap/ Hat, Bandana.
- Hiking pole.
- Compact/ foldable backpack during the trek.
- Sleeping bag/ bedding along with sleeping mat.
- Spare set of clothes, extra pair of socks.
- Toiletry kit, sunscreen lotion & mosquito repellent.
- flip flops during travel.
- A litter bag for non-biodegradable (plastic) litter.
- Spare face masks, Hand Sanitizer.
- Personal medicines.
- Identity Proof.
- Participants should bring an ID Card for their safety.
- Participants are requested to wear the mask at all times during the travel and follow the Covid-19 travel protocols issued by MOHFW
- Participants should fill up the mandatory disclaimer online form with accurate details after payment confirmation.
- Inaccurate details in the disclaimer form won’t be accepted and our team may request to refill the disclaimer.
- Below 16 must take the consent of the parents to participate.
- Please do not cause delay and cause inconvenience for others and impact the schedule.
- Participants will be notified in advance when the itinerary is modified/the event gets cancelled due to any unforeseen circumstances.
- If there is an unexpected change in weather during the event, the organiser has the right to withdraw/ retreat.
- Do not play music or tease animals during the trek.
- Avoid using deodorant or perfume on the day of the trek.
- Participants are liable for spendings during trek and travel intermissions.
- The event schedule may delay or advance due to unforeseen conditions so timings aren't mentioned except the event start time.
- Alcohol consumption/ smoking/ any kind of intoxication is strictly prohibited. Will be expelled from the event If found with consumption.
- Any kind of misconduct from the participant will be tolerated by our team.
- Please do not litter any plastic; we commit to keeping our events clean.
- The washroom facility is available at the base village.
- Participants should coordinate, maintain discipline and align together as a team during the event.
- Avoid wearing expensive accessories/ Jewellery on the trek.
- Please do not expect luxury facilities and appreciate being cooperative with fellow participants.
- Though we assure safety as a top priority, the RamblersIndia team is not responsible for any severe injuries or fatal events.
- No concession is available for bringing your own tent.
- No group discount is applicable.
- We rely on third-party payment gateways to make the registration process simple and easy, it also includes the convenience fee along with the event fee which is to be borne by the participant during check out.
- If a participant cancels their registration one day before the event or on the day of the event, a refund of 40% is paid, Refer to the Payment & Refund Policy on our website.
- No refund will be provided if the participant doesn't show up on the day of the event.
- Ticket type
Inclusive of transport from Mumbai by hired NON-AC vehicle; Breakfast, Veg Lunch, Veg dinner, tent stay on DAY1 & breakfast, lunch on DAY2. Excluded: snacks/ lunch break during travel, Cool drinks, or any personal expenses.Price₹2,800.00Sale ended
- Ticket type
Inclusive of transport from Pune by hired NON-AC vehicle; Breakfast, Veg Lunch, Veg dinner, tent stay on DAY1 & breakfast, lunch on DAY2. Excluded: snacks/ lunch break during travel, Cool drinks, or any personal expenses.Price₹2,500.00Sale ended