Fri, 25 Feb|
Ratangad to Harishchandragad Range Trek
▪️ Attractions of Ratangad like Needhe, Triambak Darwaja, Konkan Darwaja. ▪️ Katrabai pass ▪️ Mula River ▪️ Attractions of HCG like Kedareshwar cave, pushkarini talav, Ganesh Mandir ▪️ The mighty Konkan Kada ▪️ Homemade Maharashtrian food ▪️
Time & Location
25-Feb-2022, 11:00 pm – 27-Feb-2022, 10:00 pm
Ahmednagar, Harishchandragad, Maharashtra 421401, India
About the Event
Ratangad to Harishchandragad Range trek is in Harishchandragad Kalsubai wildlife sanctuary passes through a mountain pass named Katrabai pass which is surrounded by a few highest peaks of Maharashtra. The trek covers three mountains Ratangad, Katrabai pass, and Harishchandragad in 2 days. We start the range trek with an ascent to Ratangad, then trek towards Kumshet village through Katrabai pass, hike through the riverbank towards Petechiwadi, We will be camping in the tents at Paachnai, resume the trek on next day to the mighty Harishchandragad.
In the trek, you are just required to carry water, snacks in a small compact backpack and leave all other belongings in the vehicle, the vehicle will be with us at lunch place as well as night stay campsite location.
Ratangad means jewel of forts and carried importance before British rule. The forts like Alang, Madan, Kulang, and areas like Rajur and Sokali were under the supervision of this fort. It was kept under the control of a Koli chieftain, Jawaji, in 1763. Captain Godard captured the fort in 1820. But as he left the fort later, the ex-killedar Govindrao rebelled with the help of Ramaji Bhagria and captured the fort again.
Harishchandragad has a history way back from the 6th Century. There are few trails to reach the top from different places. It has prominent caves, Concave-shaped mighty Konkan Kada, Kedareshwar cave, Harishchandreshwar temple, and the highest peak taramati at an elevation of 1429 meters.
- Attractions of Ratangad like Needhe, Triambak Darwaja, Konkan Darwaja.
- Katrabai pass.
- Mula River.
- Attractions of HCG like Kedareshwar cave, pushkarini talav, Ganesh Mandir.
- The mighty Konkan Kada.
- Homemade Maharashtrian food.
Grade: Medium, Endurance: High, Total trek Distance: 30 KM Approx, Max Elevation: 1235M
First-day trek: 22 KM
Second-day trek: 8KM
₹2600 per head, Inclusive of transport from Mumbai by hired NON-AC vehicle; permits, Breakfast, Veg Lunch, Veg dinner, tent stay triple sharing basis on DAY1 & breakfast, Veg- Lunch on DAY2, and our team expertise.
Excluded: snacks/ lunch break during travel, Cool drinks, or any personal expenses.
Step -1: Book your seat through online payment on our website or UPI/ NEFT to RamblersIndia Current Account.
Step-2: Fill up the Mandatory participation disclaimer form which will be sent after payment confirmation and select the preferable pickup location.
Step -3: We will create a WhatsApp group of the registered participants in the evening on the day of the event departure for coordination.
What to Wear:
- Trekking shoes/ hiking boots.
- Full sleeve synthetic/ polyester t-shirt/ shirt.
- Full-length hiking trousers/ track-pant.
Things to Carry:
- Minimum 3 liters of water.
- Food items like fruits, dry fruits, energy bars, healthy snacks.
- Cap/ Hat, Bandana.
- Hiking pole.
- Compact/ foldable backpack during the trek.
- Sleeping bag/ bedding along with sleeping mat.
- Spare set of clothes, extra pair of socks.
- Toiletry kit, sunscreen lotion & mosquito repellent.
- flip flops during travel.
- A litter bag for non-biodegradable (plastic) litter.
- Spare face masks, Hand Sanitizer.
- Personal medicines.
- Identity Proof.
- Participants should bring an ID Card for their safety.
- Participants are requested to wear the mask at all times during the travel and follow the Covid-19 travel protocols issued by MOHFW
- Participants should fill up the mandatory disclaimer online form with accurate details after payment confirmation.
- Inaccurate details in the disclaimer form won’t be accepted and our team may request to refill the disclaimer.
- Below 16 must take the consent of the parents to participate.
- Please do not cause delay and cause inconvenience for others and impact the schedule.
- Participants will be notified in advance when the itinerary is modified/the event gets canceled due to any unforeseen circumstances.
- If there is an unexpected change in weather during the event, the organizer has the right to withdraw/ retreat.
- Do not play music or tease animals during the trek.
- Avoid using deodorant or perfume on the day of the trek.
- Participants are liable for spendings during trek and travel intermissions.
- The event schedule may delay or advance due to unforeseen conditions so timings aren't mentioned except the event start time.
- Alcohol consumption/ smoking/ any kind of intoxication is strictly prohibited. Will be expelled from the event If found with consumption.
- Any kind of misconduct from the participant will be tolerated by our team.
- Please do not litter any plastic; we commit to keeping our events clean.
- The washroom facility is inadequate during the course of the event.
- Participants should coordinate, maintain discipline and align together as a team during the event.
- Avoid wearing expensive accessories/ Jewellery in the trek.
- Please do not expect luxury facilities and appreciate being cooperative with fellow participants.
- Though we assure safety as a top priority, the RamblersIndia team is not responsible for any severe injuries or fatal events.
- No concession is available for bringing your own tent.
- No group discount is applicable.
- We rely on third-party payment gateways to make the registration process simple and easy, it also includes the convenience fee along with the event fee which is to be borne by the participant during check out.
- If a participant cancels their registration one day before the event or on the day of the event, a refund of 40% is paid, Refer to the Payment & Refund Policy on our website.
- No refund will be provided if the participant doesn't show up on the day of the event.