Sat, 13 May|
Nakhind night trek
Walk through the ridge
Time & Location
13-May-2023, 11:00 pm – 14-May-2023, 10:00 am
Vangani, Vangani, Maharashtra, India
About the Event
Night Trek at Nakhind, The thrilling walk on the narrow ridge at the top that ends in a needle-hole-like structure in the rocks, called ‘Nedhe’, welcomes you with equal verve.
On a clear day, the top offers stunning panoramic views of Matheran, Irshalgad, Prabalgad, Kalavantin Durg, Vikatgad, Chanderi, Haji Malang & Tahuli.
The trek from the start point to the base of the Nakhind is relatively a hike, from the base till the top is a steep trek through forest cover.
- Grade: Medium
- Endurance: Moderate
- Highest Elevation: 585M
- Trek distance: 7 KM approx
- Reporting time at Vangani railway station 11:00PM (Board the 09:26 PM CSMT - Karjat Fast local train in Central Line on Saturday)
- Road journey from Vangani to Bedisgaon by hired vehicle's - 30 minutes.
- Event Briefing & introduction - 20 min.
- Ascent trek to the Nakhind - 2 1/2 hours.
- Rest at the needhe till sunrise - 2 hours.
- Climb to the top of the ridge
- Descent trek to waghinchiwadi village - 45 minutes.
- Breakfast at villagers house - 1 hour.
- Resume the trek to the starting point - 45 minutes.
- Travel by hired auto rickshaws from Vangani railway station to trek starting point - 30 minutes.
✔ Travel from Vangani Railway station by hired vehicles.
✔ Our Expertise
✘ Anything that's not mentioned in the Included section.
How to Register:
Step -1: Book your seat through online payment on our website or UPI/ NEFT to RamblersIndia Current Account ( Send us a reference)
Step-2: Fill up the Mandatory participation disclaimer form which will be sent after payment confirmation
Step -3: We will create a WhatsApp group of the registered participants in the evening on the day of the event departure for coordination.
What to Wear:
- Trekking/ Hiking shoes with a sturdy grip.
- Comfortable quick-dry full sleeve clothes (avoid jeans or cotton wear).
Things to Carry:
Carry a single rucksack with the following things:
- Minimum 2 litres of water.
- Cap/ Hat & Buff/ Bandana.
- Sleeping bag/ Blanket & Hiking mat.
- Food items like fruits, dry fruits, energy bars, healthy snacks.
- Toiletry kit, sunscreen lotion, mosquito repellent.
- Extra pair of socks.
- Head Torch/ Torch with spare batteries.
- Hiking pole.
- Personal medicines.
- Identity Proof.
- Participants should bring an ID Card for their safety.
- After payment, a registered participant will need to fill up the mandatory disclaimer online form with accurate details, else will be asked to refill by the event host.
- Inaccurate details in the disclaimer form won’t be accepted and our team may request to refill the disclaimer.
- Below 16 must take the consent of the parents to participate.
- Please do not cause delay and cause inconvenience for others and impact the schedule.
- Participants will be notified in advance when the itinerary is modified/the event gets cancelled due to any unforeseen circumstances.
- If there is an unexpected change in weather during the event, we have the right to withdraw/ retreat.
- Do not play music or tease animals during the trek.
- Avoid using deodorant or perfume on the day of the trek.
- Participants are liable for spending on snacks during trek and travel intermissions.
- The event schedule may delay or advance due to unforeseen conditions, so timings aren't mentioned except the event start time.
- Alcohol consumption/ smoking/ any kind of intoxication is strictly prohibited. Will be expelled from the event If found with consumption.
- Any kind of misconduct from the participant will not be tolerated by our team.
- Please do not litter any plastic; we commit to keeping our events clean.
- The washroom facility is inadequate during the course of the event.
- Participants should coordinate, maintain discipline and align together as a team during the event.
- Avoid wearing expensive accessories/ Jewelry on the trek.
- Please do not expect luxury facilities and appreciate being cooperative with fellow participants.
- Though we assure safety as a top priority, the RamblersIndia team is not responsible for any severe injuries or fatal events.
- No group discount is applicable.
- We rely on third-party payment gateways to make the registration process simple and easy, it also includes the convenience fee along with the event fee which is to be borne by the participant during check out.
- Refer to the Payment & Refund Policy on our website about cancellation refunds.
- No refund will be provided if the participant doesn't show up on the day of the event, and also no refund if missed the local train.
Nakhind night trek
Included ✔ Travel from Vangani Railway station by hired vehicles. ✔ Breakfast ✔ Our Expertise Excluded ✘ Anything that's not mentioned in the Included section.₹600.00