Time & Location
17-Jul-2022, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Maldunge, Maldunge, Maharashtra 410101, India
About the Event
Try the Naakhind Ridge Trek for a change!
Why is it worth trying?
On a clear day, the top offers stunning panoramic views of Matheran, Irshalgad, Prabalgad, Kalavantin Durg, Chanderi, Haji Malang & Tahuli.
What makes it unique?
The thrilling, dangerous walk on the narrow ridge at the top that ends in a needle-hole-like structure in the rocks, called ‘Nedhe’, where a mixture of wild breeze, rain and sunshine welcome you with equal verve!
Not just the paper-thin ridge, but everything about this route is tiny and constricted, making it look straight out of a fairy-tale, including the dwarfish waterfalls on the way!
Trek Distance: 7KM approx
The Highest Elevation: 585M
Base Village: Bedisgaon
- Report to our team at Vangani railway station 08:30 AM (Board CSMT - Karjat 06:49AM Fast local in central line)
- Reach Starting point of the trek by hired vehicle - 30 minutes.
- Introduction & event briefing - 15 minutes
- Ascent trek to Vagachi wadi - 1hour
- Breakfast at Vagachi wadi - 45 minutes.
- Resume the trek - 2 hours.
- Rest at the needle point - 1 hour.
- Descend back to Vagachi wadi (2 hours approx.)
- Lunch Break - 1 hour
- Resume the trek to Bedisgaon - 1 hour.
- Return journey to Vangani railway station by hired Vehicle- 30 minutes.
✔ Travel from Vangani
✔ Veg Lunch
How to Register:
Step -1: Book your seat through online payment on our website at https://www.ramblersindia.com/event-info/nmt or UPI/ NEFT to RamblersIndia Current Account.
Step-2: Fill up the participation disclaimer form, which will be sent after payment confirmation.
A WhatsApp group of the registered participants will be created in the evening on the day of the event departure for travel coordination.
What to Wear:
- Trekking/ Hiking shoes with a sturdy grip.
- Comfortable quick-dry full sleeve quick dry shirt/ tshirt.
- Full-length hiking trousers (avoid jeans or cotton wear).
Things to Carry:
- Carry a single rucksack with the following things:
- Minimum 2 liters of water.
- Raincoat/ Poncho, Cap.
- Food items like fruits, dry fruits, energy bars, healthy snacks.
- Toiletry kit, sunscreen lotion, mosquito repellent.
- Extra set of clothes, an extra pair of socks packed in a waterproof pack..
- Hiking pole.
- Litter bag for non-biodegradable (plastic) litter.
- Personal medicines.
- Identity Proof.
- Participants should bring an ID Card for their safety.
- Participant to fill up the mandatory disclaimer online form with accurate details after payment confirmation.
- Please do not cause delay and cause inconvenience for others and impact the schedule if you are not able to reach the pickup point at the said time.
- Below 16 must take the consent of the parents to participate.
- Participants will be notified in advance when the itinerary is modified/ the event gets cancelled due to any unforeseen circumstances.
- If there is an unexpected change in weather during the event, our team has the right to withdraw/ retreat.
- No participant will be allowed beyond the needhe during the monsoon trek.
- Do not play loud music or tease animals during the trek.
- Any kind of misconduct from the participant will not be tolerated by our team.
- Avoid using deodorant or perfume on the day of the trek.
- Avoid wearing expensive accessories/ Jewelry in the outdoor event.
- Alcohol consumption/ smoking/ any kind of intoxication is strictly prohibited. Will be expelled from the event If found with consumption.
- Please do not litter any plastic; we strictly adhere to Leave No Trace principles.
- Participants are liable for personal expenses that are not mentioned in the pricing.
- Event schedule may delay or advance due to unforeseen conditions, so timings aren't mentioned except the event start and end time.
- Washroom facility is inadequate during the course of the event.
- Participants should coordinate, maintain discipline, and align together as a team during the event.
- Please do not expect luxury facilities and appreciate being cooperative with fellow ramblers.
- Though we assure safety as a top priority, the RamblersIndia team is not responsible for any severe injuries or fatal events.
- No group discount is applicable.
- We rely on third-party payment gateways to make the registration process simple and easy, it also includes the convenience fee along with the event fee which is to be borne by the participant during check out.
- If a participant cancels their registration one day before the event or on the day of the event, a refund of 40% of the event fee is provided, Refer to the Payment & Refund Policy on our website.
- No refund will be provided if the participant doesn't show up on the day of the event, and also no refund if missed the local train.
8 hours 30 minutes
Nakhind with Ramblersindia
Included ✔ Travel from Vangani ✔ Breakfast ✔ Veg Lunch