Sat, 26 Nov|
Morigiri and Korigad Trek
Two forts in one day!
Time & Location
26-Nov-2022, 11:30 pm – 27-Nov-2022, 9:30 pm
Morgiri Fort, MC7C+X5R, Gevhande Apati, Maharashtra 412108, India
About the Event
An offbeat trek in Lonavala region where the fort considered to be watchtower lies on a very huge plateau, the hike on the plateau is a very rejuvenating experience, later a steep climbing route through jungle cover and then comes steep exposed rock patches, as well as a metal ladder. At the top there is a flag post and two water tanks. Tung, Korigad, Ghangad, and many other peaks are visible from the summit.
Morgiri Trek facts:
- Base village: Gevhande Apati, Lonavala
- Max Elevation: 1125M
- Trek Distance: 6KM
- Grade: Medium
- Endurance: Moderate
Korigad is a hill fort near Lonavala in Pune District. In 1657, Korigad was captured by Shivaji Maharaj as part of the along with other forts like Tung, Tikona, Lohagad, Visapur. Later in 1818 Col Prothar attacked this fort, the battle went for three days but the British blew off the storeroom of ammunition using cannon fire and the fort surrendered.
Korigad Trek facts:
- Grade: Easy
- Endurance: Low
- Trek Distance: 4 K.M.
- Location: Lonavala
- Max Elevation: 923M
Experience two treks in a day, one the very least visited fort and the other one is the most famous landmark treks in Lonavala region.
- Depart by hired vehicle from Dadar East at 11:30 PM with pickup points at Chembur, Vashi & Panvel.( Exact location will be shared with the registered participants)
- Reach the Morgiri fort base and rest till morning hours.
- Wake-up call - 05:30 AM.
- Fresh up & Breakfast - 1 hour.
- Event briefing & introduction - 15 minutes.
- Ascent Trek to Morigiri fort - 2 ½ hours.
- Relax at the summit - 30 minutes.
- Descent Trek back to the trek start point - 2 hours.
- Lunch break - 1 hour.
- Travel to Korigad Base - 30 minutes.
- Korigad Trek - 2 hours.
- Return journey from Korigad base to Mumbai - 5 hours.
✔ Transport from Mumbai by a hired Non-AC vehicle
✔ Veg lunch
✔ Our Expertise
✘ Evening snacks
How to Register:
Step -1: Book your seat by doing the online payment on our website or UPI/ NEFT to RamblersIndia Current Account (Share the transaction reference on WhatsApp 9137425730).
Step-2: Fill up the mandatory participation disclaimer form, which will be sent after payment confirmation.
A WhatsApp group of the registered participants will be created in the evening on the day of the event departure for travel coordination.
What to Wear:
- Trekking/ Hiking shoes with a sturdy grip.
- Comfortable quick-dry full sleeve quick dry shirt/ tshirt (avoid half-sleeves).
- Full-length hiking trousers (avoid shorts).
Things to Carry:
Carry a single rucksack with the following things:
- Minimum 2 litres of water.
- Cap/ Hat.
- Food items like fruits, dry fruits, energy bars, healthy snacks.
- Toiletry kit.
- Extra set of clothes, an extra pair of socks, flip-flops.
- Hiking pole.
- Litter bag for non-biodegradable (plastic) litter.
- Personal medicines.
- Identity Proof.
- Participants should bring an ID Card for their safety.
- After payment, a registered participant will need to fill up the mandatory disclaimer online form with accurate details, else will be asked to refill by our team.
- Please do not cause delay and cause inconvenience for others and impact the schedule.
- Under 18 years of age must take the consent of the parents to participate.
- Participants will be notified in prior if the itinerary is modified/the event gets canceled due to any unforeseen circumstances.
- If there is any unexpected change in weather during the event, we have the right to cancel/postpone or arrange at an alternate location.
- Participants are liable to bear/pay for the expenses that are not mentioned in the expenses.
- The event schedule may delay or advance due to unforeseen conditions, hence timings aren't mentioned except for the event start, end time.
- Any kind of misconduct from the participant will not be tolerated by our team.
- Alcohol consumption/ smoking/ any kind of intoxication is strictly prohibited. Will be expelled from the event If found with consumption.
- Do not play loud music or tease animals during the trek.
- Please do not litter any plastic; we strictly adhere to Leave No Trace principles.
- The washroom facility is inadequate.
- Participants are requested to be extra cautious when hiking through the forest cover.
- Participants should coordinate, be disciplined and align together as a team during the event.
- Please do not expect luxury facilities and appreciate being cooperative with fellow participants.
- Though we assure safety as a top priority, Ramblersindia team or the assigned trek leader is not responsible for any severe injuries or fatalities.
- No group discount/ concession is applicable in any of our events.
- We rely on third-party payment gateways to make the registration process simple and easy, it also includes the convenience fee along with the event fee which is to be borne by the participant during check out.
- If a participant cancels their registration one day before the event or on the day of the event, a refund of 40% is paid excluding convenience fee, Refer to the Payment & Refund Policy on our website.
- No refund will be provided if the participant doesn't show up on the day of the event.
Morgiri and Korigad with RI
Included ✔ Transport from Mumbai by a hired Non-AC vehicle ✔ Breakfast ✔ Veg lunch ✔ Our Expertise Excluded ✘ Evening snacks₹1,300.00