Sat, 24 Sept|
LOBHI Range Trek
Kusur Plateau Bhimashankar wildlife sanctuary Kondeshwar Mandir Scenic landscapes Homemade food
Time & Location
24-Sept-2022, 8:00 am – 25-Sept-2022, 8:00 pm
Lonavla, PCX5+Q2P, Siddharth Nagar, Lonavla, Maharashtra 410401, India
About the Event
Lonavla to Bhimashankar Trek
A range trek from Lonavla to Bhimashankar, the trail that passes through multiple hilly terrains, forest, Scenic Plateaus is one of the most sought treks in Maharashtra. The trek starts from Lonavla with the trail going towards Rajmachi, divert towards kondeshwar, passing a bit through Dhak Bahari trail, divert towards Dhangarwada, a landmark known as a tower point, Later Day the trail passes through Kamaljai Plateau where we could see few rock patterns signifying the ancient trail. Lobhi is one of the dream treks for many, We say this trek must be in your wishlist if you are an ardent trekker of our Sahyadri mountain ranges.
Bhimashankar is one of the 12 Jyotirlingams in the country, also if luck favors there is a chance of sighting Shekru (Indian Giant Squirrel) where Bhimashankar Wildlife sanctuary is famously known for.
- Kusur Plateau
- Bhimashankar wildlife sanctuary
- Kondeshwar Mandir
- Scenic landscapes
- Homemade food
Highest Elevation: 984M
Distance: Day 1: 20KM, Day 2: 28KM
Trek start point: Lonavla
Trek end point: Bhimashankar
- Report to our team at Lonavla Railway Station - 08:00AM (Refer how to reach section from Mumbai/ Pune)
- Breakfast & Trek Briefing - 45 min.
- Travel by hired vehicle from Lonavla to the starting point.
- Valvand to Dhangharwada - 4 hours approx.
- Dhangharwada to Kusur - 1 hour.
- Travel by hired vehicle from Kusur to Talpewadi
- Rest at villager's Home.
- Dinner Break - 1 hour.
- Rest for the day.
- Talpewadi to Padarwadi via Wandre Khind- 2 hours.
- Padarwadi to Kamaljai Plateau - 3 hours.
- Kamaljai Plateau to Bhimashankar - 1 ½ hours.
- Conclude the Lobhitrek at Bhimashankar temple.
- Lunch break.
- Those who want to end the trek can opt for ST bus from Bhimashankar
- Descent Trek to Khandas village via Sidhi Ghat- 3 hours.
- Travel by hired vehicle from Khandas to Karjat.
How to Reach Lonavala:
Train - Board the 05:40 AM Indrayani EXP (22105) from CSMT to Lonavala on 24th Sep 2022
Road - Reach Lonavala Railway station ticket counter by 08:00AM
By train - Board the 06:30 AM Pune to Lonavala local train.
Road - Reach Lonavala Railway station ticket counter by 08:00AM
From Bhimashanker: ST bus to Pune/ Mumbai.
✔ Travel by hired vehicle from Lonavla to Trek start point; Kusur to Talpewadi on Day 1; Khandas to Karjat on Day 2
✔ Breakfast on Day 1 & 2
✔ Veg Lunch on Day 1 & 2
✔ Veg Dinner & Homestay at the Villagers House
✔ Our Expertise
✔ Any permits
Excluded: Travel from Bhimashankar to Mumbai/ Pune, personnel expenses during snacks break.
How to Register:
Step -1: Book your seat through online payment on our website or UPI/ NEFT to RamblersIndia Current Account.
Step-2: Fill up the participation disclaimer form, which will be sent after payment confirmation.
A WhatsApp group of the registered participants will be created in the evening on the day of the event departure for travel coordination.
What to Wear:
- Trekking/ Hiking shoes with a sturdy grip.
- Comfortable quick-dry full sleeve quick dry shirt/ tshirt.
- Full-length hiking trousers (avoid jeans or cotton wear).
Things to Carry:
- Carry a single rucksack with the following things:
- Minimum 3 liters of water.
- Sleeping bag/ Blanket with Sleeping mat.
- Raincoat/ Poncho, Cap.
- Food items like fruits, dry fruits, energy bars, healthy snacks.
- Toiletry kit, sunscreen lotion, mosquito repellent.
- 2 pairs of extra clothes, 3 pairs of socks, flip-flops.
- Hiking pole.
- Litter bag for non-biodegradable (plastic) litter.
- Personal medicines.
- Identity Proof.
- Participants should bring an ID Card for their safety.
- After payment, a registered participant will need to fill up the mandatory disclaimer online form with accurate details, else will be asked to refill by our team.
- Please do not cause delay and cause inconvenience for others and impact the schedule.
- Under 18 years of age must take the consent of the parents to participate.
- Participants will be notified prior to when the itinerary is modified/the event gets canceled due to any unforeseen circumstances.
- If there is any unexpected change in weather during the event, we have the right to cancel/postpone or arrange at an alternate location.
- Participants are liable to bear/pay for the expenses that are not mentioned in the expenses.
- The event schedule may delay or advance due to unforeseen conditions, hence timings aren't mentioned except for the event start, end time.
- Any kind of misconduct from the participant will not be tolerated by our team.
- Alcohol consumption/ smoking/ any kind of intoxication is strictly prohibited. Will be expelled from the event If found with consumption.
- Do not play loud music or tease animals during the trek.
- Please do not litter any plastic; we strictly adhere to Leave No Trace principles.
- The washroom facility is inadequate during the trek
- There will be stream crossings in the trek on the second day of the trek.
- A life jacket is mandatory to dive in the Secret waterfall plunge.
- Participants should coordinate, be disciplined and align together as a team during the event.
- Please do not expect luxury facilities and appreciate being cooperative with fellow participants.
- Though we assure safety as a top priority, event organizers are not responsible for any severe injuries or fatalities.
- No group discount is applicable.
- We rely on third-party payment gateways to make the registration process simple and easy, it also includes the convenience fee along with the event fee which is to be borne by the participant during check out.
- If a participant cancels their registration one day before the event or on the day of the event, a refund of 40% is paid, Refer to the Payment & Refund Policy on our website.
- No refund will be provided if the participant doesn't show up on the day of the event.
Lobhi Range Trek
Included ✔ Travel by hired vehicle from Lonavla to Trek start point; Kusur to Talpewadi on Day 1; Khandas to Karjat on Day 2 ✔ Breakfast on Day 1 & 2 ✔ Veg Lunch on Day 1 & 2 ✔ Veg Dinner & Homestay at the Villagers House ✔ Our Expertise ✔ Any permits Excluded: Travel from Bhimashankar to Mumbai/ Pune, personnel expenses during snacks break.