Sat, 06 May|
Kalavantin Durg Night Trek from Mumbai
The thrilling steps of Kalavantin
Time & Location
06-May-2023, 10:00 pm – 07-May-2023, 11:00 am
Kalavantin Durg, Kalavantin Durg, Machiprabal, Maharashtra 410206, India
About the Event
Kalavantin Durg is a historic fort located in the Western Ghats in Maharashtra, India. It is situated at an elevation of 2,250 feet above sea level and offers breathtaking views of the surrounding valleys and mountains.
The fort was built in the 15th century by the Bahmani Sultanate and later taken over by the Marathas. The fort's unique feature is its rock-cut steps and views of the surrounding hills and valleys.
Night trekking to Kalavantin Durg is a unique and thrilling experience. We start the trek at night and climb up to the summit to watch the sunrise over the Sahyadri mountain range.
- Night Trek.
- The thrilling Kalavantin steps
- Grade: Medium
- Endurance: Low
- Total Trek Distance: 9 KM approx
- Highest Elevation: 550M
Day 0 :
- Reporting time at Panvel railway station 10:00PM
- Road journey from Panveli to Thakurwadi by hired vehicle's - 45 minutes.
Day 1 :
- Event Briefing & introduction - 20 min.
- Ascent trek to the prabalmachi - 2 hours.
- Rest at Prabalmachi - 3 hours. ( Carry sleepingbag/ Blanket)
- climb to the Kalavantin Durg summit and return to Prabalmachi - 2 hours.
- Fresh up and Morning breakfast - 1 hour.
- Descent trek to parking lot - 2 hours.
- Travel by hired vehicles to Panvel Railway station - 45 minutes.
Pricing: ₹700 per head
✔ Transport from Panvel
✔ Entry fee
✔ Our expertise
✘ Anything that's not mentioned in the Included section.
How to Register:
Step -1: Book your seat through online payment on our website or UPI/ NEFT to RamblersIndia Current Account.
Step-2: Fill up the Mandatory participation disclaimer form which will be sent after payment confirmation.
Step -3: We will create a WhatsApp group of the registered participants in the evening on the day of the event departure for coordination.
What to Wear:
- Trekking/ Hiking shoes with a sturdy grip.
- Comfortable quick-dry full sleeve clothes (avoid jeans or cotton wear).
Things to Carry:
Carry a single rucksack with the following things:
- Minimum 2 litres of water.
- Sleeping bag/ Blanket and Hiking mat.
- Cap/ Hat & Buff/ Bandana.
- Food items like fruits, dry fruits, energy bars, healthy snacks.
- Toiletry kit, sunscreen lotion, mosquito repellent.
- Extra pair of socks.
- Head Torch/ Torch with spare batteries.
- Hiking pole.
- Personal medicines.
- Identity Proof.
- Participants should bring an ID Card for their safety.
- After payment, a registered participant will need to fill up the mandatory disclaimer online form with accurate details, else will be asked to refill by the event host.
- Inaccurate details in the disclaimer form won’t be accepted and our team may request to refill the disclaimer.
- Below 16 must take the consent of the parents to participate.
- Please do not cause delay and cause inconvenience for others and impact the schedule.
- Participants will be notified in advance when the itinerary is modified/the event gets cancelled due to any unforeseen circumstances.
- If there is an unexpected change in weather during the event, we have a right to withdraw/ retreat.
- Do not play music or tease animals during the trek.
- Avoid using deodorant or perfume during the trek.
- Participants are liable for spendings during trek and travel intermissions.
- The event schedule may delay or advance due to unforeseen conditions, so timings aren't mentioned except the event start time.
- Alcohol consumption/ smoking/ any kind of intoxication is strictly prohibited. Will be expelled from the event If found with consumption.
- Any kind of misconduct from the participant will not be tolerated by our team.
- Please do not litter any plastic; we commit to keeping our events clean.
- The washroom facility is inadequate during the course of the event.
- Participants should coordinate, maintain discipline and align together as a team during the event.
- Avoid wearing expensive accessories/ Jewelry on the trek.
- Please do not expect luxury facilities and appreciate being cooperative with fellow participants.
- Though we assure safety as a top priority, the RamblersIndia team is not responsible for any severe injuries or fatal events.
- No group discount/ concession is applicable.
- We rely on third-party payment gateways to make the registration process simple and easy, it also includes the convenience fee along with the event fee which is to be borne by the participant during check out.
- Please refer to our payment and refund policy on our website/ Event Policies.
- No refund will be provided if the participant doesn't show up on the day of the event, and also no refund if missed the local train.
Kalavantin Durg Night Trek
Inclusive of transport from Panvel by hired vehicles, breakfast, permit and our expertise.₹700.00