Sat, 01 Oct|
Kas Plateau Tour
Attractions of the event: Kas plateau - The beautiful valley situated at an altitude of more than 1000M above MSL has a bio-diverse range of species of flowers. Thoseghar - Thoseghar is a scenic spot in Satara which is well known for the waterfalls of different heights.
Time & Location
01-Oct-2022, 10:00 pm – 02-Oct-2022, 11:00 pm
Satara, Kaas plateau, Maharashtra
About the Event
An exclusive Kas plateau tour, a valley of flowers situated on a high hill plateau near Satara in Maharashtra is known for flora with seasonal blooms on the valley especially at the end of the monsoon season and is considered as one of the richest biodiversity hotspots in the Western Ghats, India.
On this tour, we will be Visiting Kas Plateau in the morning and then to the Thoseghar, The Road from Kas to Thoseghar offers very scenic views. This trip is suited for all ages, it involves a hike at the Kas plateau.
Attractions of the event:
Kas plateau - The beautiful valley situated at an altitude of more than 1000m above MSL has a bio-diverse range of species of flowers, Kas is also listed in UNESCO world heritage sites. There will be a guided tour by the field expert about different species of flowers.
Thoseghar - Thoseghar is a scenic spot in Satara which is well known for the waterfalls of different heights, the notably interesting ones are the series of waterfalls visible from the viewpoint where the giant waterfalls plunging into the gorge on the opposite valley in the thick forest cover, and there is also another small waterfall towards the exit.
DAY 1 -
- Depart by hired vehicle from Dadar East TT Circle at 10:00 PM with pickup points at Sion, Chembur, Vashi,Panvel and Pune.
DAY 2 -
- Reach base village - 06:00 AM.
- Fresh up & breakfast at a Hotel near Kas Plateau - 2 hours.
- Explore Kass plateau - 3 to 4 hours.
- Lunch Break at the Hotel - 1 hour.
- Travel by bus to Thoseghar waterfall from Kas - 1 hour.
- Short hike to the Thoseghar waterfall viewpoint - 1hour.
- Return journey from Thoseghar to Mumbai - 7 hours approx.
✔ Travel from Mumbai in AC Vehicle
✔ Veg Lunch
✔ Kas entry
✔ Thosegar entry
Excluded: personnel expenses like cold drinks, snacks, packaged water bottles.
How to Register:
Step -1: Book your seat through online payment on our website or UPI/ NEFT to RamblersIndia Current Account.
Step-2: Fill up the participation disclaimer form, which will be sent after payment confirmation.
A WhatsApp group of the registered participants will be created in the evening on the day of the event departure for travel coordination.
What to Wear:
- Sandals/ Sport shoes with a good grip.
- Comfortable full sleeve shirt/ tshirt.
- Half/Full-length hiking trouser (avoid jeans or cotton wear).
Things to Carry:
- Carry a single rucksack with the following things:
- Minimum 2 litres of water.
- Umbrella/ Cap
- Food items like fruits, dry fruits, energy bars, healthy snacks.
- Toiletry kit, sunscreen lotion, mosquito repellent.
- Extra set of clothes in a waterproof material.
- Hiking pole.
- Litter bag for non-biodegradable (plastic) litter.
- Personal medicines.
- Identity Proof.
- Participants should bring an ID Card for their safety.
- Participant to fill up the mandatory disclaimer online form with accurate details after payment confirmation.
- Please do not cause delay and cause inconvenience for others and impact the schedule if you are not able to reach the pickup point at the said time.
- Below 16 must take the consent of the parents to participate.
- Participants will be notified in advance when the itinerary is modified/ the event gets cancelled due to any unforeseen circumstances.
- If there is an unexpected change in weather during the event, our team has the right to withdraw/ retreat.
- Do not play loud music or tease animals at Kas and other places of visit..
- Please do not litter any plastic; we strictly adhere to Leave No Trace principles.
- Any kind of misconduct from the participant will not be tolerated by our team.
- Avoid using deodorant or perfume on the day of the trek.
- Participants are liable for personal expenses that are not mentioned in the pricing.
- Event schedule may delay or advance due to unforeseen conditions, so timings aren't mentioned except the event start and end time.
- Everyone has to follow the Forest Guidelines at Kas Plateau.
- Flowering depends on many factors such as rain, temperature and humidity. Ramblersindia as a company or our Tour Leaders aren’t responsible if the blooming is very less than expected.
- Washroom facility is available at Kas Plateau.
- Participants should coordinate, maintain discipline, and align together as a team during the event.
- Please do not expect luxury facilities and appreciate being cooperative with fellow ramblers.
- Though we assure safety as a top priority, the RamblersIndia team is not responsible for any severe injuries or fatal events.
- No group discount is applicable.
- We rely on third-party payment gateways to make the registration process simple and easy, it also includes the convenience fee along with the event fee which is to be borne by the participant during check out.
- If a participant cancels their registration one day before the event or on the day of the event, a refund of 40% of the event fee is provided, Refer to the Payment & Refund Policy on our website.
- No refund will be provided if the participant doesn't show up on the day of the event, and also no refund if missed the Vehicle for any sort of reasons.
Kas tour with Ramblersindia
✔ Travel from Mumbai in AC Vehicle ✔ Breakfast ✔ Veg Lunch ✔ Kas entry ✔ Thosegar entry₹2,250.00