Fri, 15 Apr|
Kalsubai and Sandhan Valley trek with Camping
Time & Location
15-Apr-2022, 12:15 am IST – 16-Apr-2022, 7:30 pm IST
Samrad, Samrad, Maharashtra 422604, India
About the Event
Night trek to Kalsubai, the ever-famous peak in the Sahyadris, and the highest peak in Maharashtra, at an altitude of 1635m with access to the top from four different directions. On this trek, we take the East-facing trail, and the friendliest one, that starts at Bari village.
The trek starts late in the night and the weather throughout the trek is expected to be pleasant, with cool breeze. We shall reach the summit by early morning, to witness the sunrise. The spectacular cloud-capped mountains during the morning hours are a treat for the eyes! After breakfast at Kalsubai, with a short power nap, we will descend back to the base village and relish the delicious home-cooked lunch. We will be travelling to Samrad village for camping at the serene location.
Sandhan Valley is one of the unique beautiful treks in our country that has a 4 km long stretch of the crevice, The trail is a complete descent trek from the starting point of the valley, involves water crossing which adds up the thrill at the beginning of the trek, descend through the boulders in the crevice, rappel down vertical rock patches to reach the end of the Valley. Later hike alongside the riverbed for 6 KM to Dehene village. Do not miss this adrenaline trek if you are a true thrill-seeker to experience the uniqueness of the trek in Maharashtra. We will be camping in tents on the first day at the samrad village situated at a picturesque location surrounded by the well-known mountains of Sahyadris.
We provide certified good quality climbing equipment during the rappelling course of the event and also a certified trek leader will be handling the setup.
- ️Highest peak of Maharashtra.
- ️Camping in tents at a serene location.
- ️Water crossing in the Sandhan Valley.
- ️Experience Rappelling in the Sandhan valley.
- ️Experience Life in a Maharashtrian Village.
- Relish homemade food prepared with the feeling of अतिथि देवो भव 🙏🏻
Kalsubai Trek facts:
Grade: Easy, Endurance: Moderate, Highest Elevation: 1635m, Trek distance: 8 k.m. approx.
Sandhan Valley Trek facts:
Grade: Moderate, Endurance: Moderate, Total Trek Distance: 12 k.m approx.
- Reporting time at Kasara - 12:15 AM, 15th April (Board the 09:32 PM CSMT - Kasara slow local train in Central Line on Thursday, 14th April).
- Road journey from Kasara to Bari village by hired vehicle - 1 ½ hours.
- Trek briefing and introduction.
- Ascend trek to Kalsubai peak - 3 hours approx.
- Reach the summit, mesmerise the sunrise view.
- Breakfast - 30 minutes.
- Descent trek to the base village - 3 hours approx.
- Fresh up and Lunch break - 1 hour.
- Road journey from Bari village to Samrad by hired vehicle - 1 ½ hours.
- Rest till evening hours at villagers home - 3 hours.
- Visit Samrad Kokankada - 1 hour.
- Pitch up and Allocation of the tent on a sharing basis.
- Hangout at the campsite or go for a short hike.
- Dinner break at villagers house- 1 hour.
- Bed time - 10:00 p.m.
- Wake up call - 05:30 AM.
- Fresh up and breakfast - 1 hour
- Descent Trek in Sandhan valley - 6 hours.
- Lunch break during trek at Karoli ghat - 1 hour.
- Hike to dehene from Karoli ghat - 2 hours.
- Road journey from Dehene to Asangaon Railway station by hired vehicle - 1 ½ hours.
✔ transport from Kasara by hired vehicles
✔ Breakfast, Veg Lunch, Veg dinner on DAY1 & Breakfast, Veg Lunch on DAY2
✔ Camping in tent
✔ Forest Entry fee and local permits
✔ Oue Technical Expertise
✘ Snacks break on the highway or any personal expenses
✘ Anything that's not mentioned in the Included section.
How to Register:
- Book your seat through online payment on our website or UPI/ NEFT to RamblersIndia Current Account.
- Fill up the Mandatory participation disclaimer form which will be sent after payment confirmation and select the preferable pickup location.
- We will create a WhatsApp group of the registered participants in the evening on the day of the event departure for coordination.
What to Wear:
- Trekking/ Hiking shoes with a sturdy grip.
- Comfortable quick-dry full sleeve clothes (avoid jeans or cotton wear).
Things to Carry:
Carry a single rucksack with the following things:
- Minimum 3 litres of water.
- Sleeping bag & Sleeping mat for bedding.
- Cap/ Hat & Buff/ Bandana.
- Winter clothing (windcheater/ fleece jacket/ sweater & beanie cap).
- Food items like fruits, dry fruits, energy bars, healthy snacks.
- Toiletry kit, sunscreen lotion, mosquito repellent.
- Extra set of quick-dry clothes, an extra pair of socks, flip flops.
- Head Torch/ Torch with spare batteries.
- Hiking pole.
- Litter bag for non-biodegradable (plastic) litter.
- Spare face masks, Hand Sanitizer.
- Personal medicines.
- Identity Proof.
- Participants should bring an ID Card for their safety.
- After payment, a registered participant will need to fill up the mandatory disclaimer online form with accurate details, else will be asked to refill by the event host.
- Inaccurate details in the disclaimer form won’t be accepted and our team may request to refill the disclaimer.
- Below 16 must take the consent of the parents to participate.
- Please do not cause delay and cause inconvenience for others and impact the schedule.
- Participants will be notified in advance when the itinerary is modified/the event gets cancelled due to any unforeseen circumstances.
- If there is an unexpected change in weather during the event, we have the right to withdraw/ retreat.
- Do not play music or tease animals during the trek.
- Avoid using deodorant or perfume on the day of the trek.
- Participants are liable for spending during trek and travel intermissions.
- The event schedule may delay or advance due to unforeseen conditions, so timings aren't mentioned except the event start time.
- Alcohol consumption/ smoking/ any kind of intoxication is strictly prohibited. Will be expelled from the event If found with consumption.
- Any kind of misconduct from the participant will be tolerated by our team.
- Please do not litter any plastic; we commit to keeping our events clean.
- The washroom facility is available only at the base village.
- Participants should coordinate, maintain discipline and align together as a team during the event.
- Avoid wearing expensive accessories/ Jewelry on the trek.
- Please do not expect luxury facilities and appreciate being cooperative with fellow participants.
- Though we assure safety as a top priority, the RamblersIndia team is not responsible for any severe injuries or fatal events.
- No concession for bringing your own safety gear like a climbing helmet, harness, or your own tent.
- No group discount is applicable.
- We rely on third-party payment gateways to make the registration process simple and easy, it also includes the convenience fee along with the event fee which is to be borne by the participant during check out.
- If a participant cancels their registration one day before the event or on the day of the event, a refund of 40% is paid, Refer to the Payment & Refund Policy on our website.
- No refund will be provided if the participant doesn't show up on the day of the event and also no refund if missed the local train.
43 hours 15 minutes