Sat, 18 Dec|
• Thrilling Climb to the summit • Magnificent views of the mountain ranges. • Delicious homemade Maharashtrian lunch. Trek facts: Grade: Medium, Endurance: Moderate, Highest Elevation: 920M, Trek Distance: 13 KM Approx. Not recommended for those having fear of heights.
Time & Location
18-Dec-2021, 11:30 pm – 19-Dec-2021, 8:30 pm
Gorakhgad, Gorakhgad, Maharashtra 421401, India
About the Event
A thrilling trek to the Gorakhgad summit. The trek starts from Gorakshnath Temple at Dehari Village through dense forest cover with a gradual ascent with steep rock-cut steps to the main entrance of the fort. Then while traversing the pinnacle base we come across a very huge cave and water cisterns. From here the other twin pinnacle named Machindragad on the opposite side looks very beautiful. Walking ahead further there is a steep climb to the pinnacle of Gorakhgad exposed to the valley.
From the summit, we get magnificent views of Ahupe Ghat, Siddhagad, Damdamia, Machindragad.
The fort is named after the saint Gorakhnath, at the summit, there is a Mahadev temple.
Attractions of the trek:
- Thrilling Climb to the summit
- Magnificent views of the mountain ranges.
- Delicious homemade Maharashtrian lunch.
Grade: Medium, Endurance: Moderate, Highest Elevation: 920M, Trek Distance: 13 KM Approx.
Not recommended for those having fear of heights.
₹1200 per head, Inclusive of transport from Mumbai by hired NON-AC seater vehicle, Breakfast, Veg Lunch, First-Aid, and our expertise.
Excluded: personnel expenses like cold drinks, snacks, packaged water bottles.
How to Register:
Step -1: Book your seat through online payment on our website or manual payment like Gpay to our UPI ID/ NEFT to RamblersIndia Current Account.
Step-2: After seat confirmation, you will be requested to fill up the Mandatory participation disclaimer form and select the preferable pickup location.
Step -3: Now your participation is confirmed & we will create a WhatsApp group on the day of the event for coordination.
What to Wear:
- Trekking shoes/ hiking boots.
- Full sleeve synthetic/ polyester t-shirt/ shirt.
- Full-length hiking trousers/ track-pant.
Things to Carry:
Pack the following things in a hiking daypack:
- Minimum 3 liters of water.
- Food items like fruits, dry fruits, energy bars, healthy snacks.
- Cap, Bandana, Hiking pole.
- Spare set of clothes, extra pair of socks (pack them in a separate bag).
- Toiletry kit, sunscreen lotion & mosquito repellent.
- Windcheater/ Sweater, flip flops during travel.
- Litter bag for non-biodegradable (plastic) litter.
- Spare face masks, Hand Sanitizer.
- Personal medicines.
- Identity Proof.
- After payment, a registered participant will need to fill up the mandatory disclaimer online form with accurate details else will be asked to refill by the event host.
- Please do not cause delay and cause inconvenience for others and impact the schedule.
- Under 18 years of age must take the consent of the parents for participation.
- Every individual needs to take proper care of the equipment provided during the event from wear and tear.
- An amount will be charged based on the equipment age if there is any damage or loss/ theft of the individual equipment gear provided in the event..
- Participants will be notified before when the itinerary is modified/the event gets canceled due to any unforeseen circumstances.
- If there is any unexpected change in weather during the event, we have the right to cancel/postpone or arrange at an alternate location.
- Participants are liable to bear/pay for the expenses that are not mentioned in the expenses.
- The event schedule may delay or advance due to unforeseen conditions, hence timings aren't mentioned except for the event start, end time.
- Alcohol consumption/smoking tobacco/weed is strictly prohibited. Will be expelled from the event if found in consumption.
- Please do not litter any plastic (biscuit pack covers, candy wrappers, etc). We are highly committed to a zero trace policy.
- The washroom facility is available at Base Village.
- Participants should coordinate, be disciplined and align together as a team during the event.
- Please do not expect luxury facilities and appreciate being cooperative with fellow ramblers.
- Though we assure safety as a top priority, event organizers are not responsible for any severe injuries or fatalities.
- No group discount is applicable.
- We rely on third-party payment gateways to make the registration process simple and easy, it also includes the convenience fee along with the event fee which is to be borne by the participant during check out.
- If a participant cancels their registration one day before the event or on the day of the event, a refund of 40% is paid, Refer to the Payment & Refund Policy on our website.
- No refund will be provided if the participant doesn't show up on the day of the event.