Time & Location
26-Mar-2022, 11:30 pm – 27-Mar-2022, 2:30 pm
Chanderi Fort, Chanderi Fort Trek, Maldunge, Maharashtra 410206, India
About the Event
Trek to Chanderi fort, known for the enduring as well as the challenging Climbing route to the summit.. There are two trails to Chanderi fort, from Badlapur side as well as Panvel where they meet at a col from where one trail leads to Chanderi and the other one leads to Mhaismal.
In this trek we will be starting at night from the base village Chinchavali, reach to the cave and rest till the morning hours, in the morning after breakfast we will start the climb to the summit, relax at the summit, and descend towards the village.
Many surrounding mountains like Tahuli, Navra-Navri, Malangad, Nakhind, Vikatgad, Matheran hills, kalavantin, Prabalgad are visible from the Chanderi.
When Shivaji Maharaj conquered all territory up to Kalyan-Bhiwandi-Rairi, this fort came under the rule of the Marathas. A desecrated Shiva idol is present in the cave where many trekkers rest during their visit to Chanderi fort.
- Night Trek.
- The thrilling Chanderi climb.
- Relish homemade food.
Grade: Tough, Endurance: Moderate, Total Trek Distance: 12.5 k.m approx, Highest Elevation: 780M.
This trek involves a bit of rock climbing facing the exposed deep valley.
Not recommended for beginners and those having fear of heights.
Expenses:₹800 per head, Inclusive of transport from Vangani by hired vehicles, breakfast, Veg Lunch, and our expertise.
₹500 per head for reporting at the base village, breakfast, Veg Lunch, and our expertise.
How to Register:
Step -1: Book your seat through online payment on our website or UPI/ NEFT to RamblersIndia Current Account. Step-2: Fill up the Mandatory participation disclaimer form which will be sent after payment confirmation and select the preferable pickup location.
Step -3: We will create a WhatsApp group of the registered participants in the evening on the day of the event departure for coordination.
What to Wear:
- Trekking/ Hiking shoes with a sturdy grip.
- Comfortable quick-dry full sleeve clothes (avoid jeans or cotton wear).
Things to Carry:
Carry a single rucksack with the following things:
- Minimum 3 litres of water.
- Sleeping bag/ Blanket and Hiking mat.
- Cap/ Hat & Buff/ Bandana.
- Food items like fruits, dry fruits, energy bars, healthy snacks.
- Toiletry kit, sunscreen lotion, mosquito repellent.
- Extra pair of socks.
- Head Torch/ Torch with spare batteries.
- Hiking pole.
- Litter bag for non-biodegradable (plastic) litter.
- Spare face masks, Hand Sanitizer.
- Personal medicines.
- Identity Proof.
- Participants should bring an ID Card for their safety.
- Participants are requested to wear the mask at all times during the travel and follow the Covid-19 travel protocols issued by MOHFW.
- After payment, a registered participant will need to fill up the mandatory disclaimer online form with accurate details else will be asked to refill by the event host.
- Inaccurate details in the disclaimer form won’t be accepted and our team may request to refill the disclaimer.
- Below 16 must take the consent of the parents to participate.
- Please do not cause delay and cause inconvenience for others and impact the schedule.
- Participants will be notified in advance when the itinerary is modified/the event gets cancelled due to any unforeseen circumstances.
- If there is an unexpected change in weather during the event, the organiser has the right to withdraw/ retreat.
- Do not play music or tease animals during the trek.
- Avoid using deodorant or perfume on the day of the trek.
- Participants are liable for spendings during trek and travel intermissions.
- The event schedule may delay or advance due to unforeseen conditions so timings aren't mentioned except the event start time.
- Alcohol consumption/ smoking/ any kind of intoxication is strictly prohibited.
- Will be expelled from the event If found with consumption.
- Any kind of misconduct from the participant will be tolerated by our team.
- Please do not litter any plastic; we commit to keeping our events clean.
- The washroom facility is inadequate during the course of the event.
- Participants should coordinate, maintain discipline and align together as a team during the event.
- Avoid wearing expensive accessories/ Jewellery on the trek.
- Please do not expect luxury facilities and appreciate being cooperative with fellow participants.
- Though we assure safety as a top priority, the RamblersIndia team is not responsible for any severe injuries or fatal event.
- No group discount is applicable.
- We rely on third-party payment gateways to make the registration process simple and easy, it also includes the convenience fee along with the event fee which is to be borne by the participant during check out.
- If a participant cancels their registration one day before the event or on the day of the event, a refund of 40% is paid, Refer to the Payment & Refund Policy on our website.
- No refund will be provided if the participant doesn't show up on the day of the event and also no refund if missed the local train.