Thu, 25 Jan|
RTR (Rajgad Torna Raigad) Maha Range Trek
Experience a 3 day trek to the historical forts of Maratha Kingdom
Time & Location
25-Jan-2024, 11:00 pm – 28-Jan-2024, 9:00 pm
Raigad, Raigad, Maharashtra 402305, India
About the Event
Experience a three-day thrilling range trek covering the three prestigious forts in the history of the Hindawi Swarajya: Rajgad - Torna - Raigad forts.
Our trek starts from Pali village for Padmavati machi at Rajgad fort, then towards Torna fort from Sanjivani machi with a lunch break. Descending through Valanjai Darwaja towards Bhatti village, we will travel by vehicle to Mohiri village and rest for the day. The next day we start our descent through Boratyachi naal towards Pane village, Lunch en route, and proceed towards Pachad village for the rest of the day. Early in the morning, we will resume our trek to the Raigad fort to pay tribute to the Shivaji Maharaj.
Rajgad, the royal fort of Maharashtra was the first capital of the Hindawi swarajya during the rule of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj for almost 26 years, after which he moved the capital to Raigad Fort. The diameter of the fort at the base is 40 km making it difficult for anybody to lay siege to it, adding to its strategic value.
Highest Elevation: 1374 Metres, Grade: Moderate.
Torna is one of the highest hill forts in Maharashtra & moderately tough to climb. Shri Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj conquered it in 1643 at the age of 16 and renamed it as Prachandagad which translates to the ‘Massive Fort’
Highest Elevation: 1405 Metres, Grade: Moderate
Raigad, the next capital after Rajgad, represents the strength of Hindavi swarajya. The fort was considered safe as it is surrounded by high mountains and rivers. One can see both Rajgad and Torna fort from Raigad.
Highest elevation: 1356 Metres, Grade: Easy-Moderate
- Grade: Moderate
- Endurance: High
- Total trek distance: 50KM approx.
- Start point: Gunjavane/ Pali
- End Point: Pachad Village.
- Historical forts of Maratha kingdom.
- Rajgad to Torna trail.
- Boratyachi naal.
- Camping in tents at Mohiri, base village of Lingana.
- Traditional Maharashtrian local cuisine.
- Private vehicle journey from Dadar East at 11:00 PM with pickup points at Chembur, Vashi, Panvel, and Pune ( exact locations will be shared with the registered participants).
- Reach base village (Pali) - 05:30 AM.
- Fresh up & Breakfast - 45 min.
- Event briefing - 15 minutes.
- Ascend trek to Padmavati machi at Rajgad - 2 hours approx.
- Short break – 30 min.
- Descend from Sanjivani machi towards Torna fort base. 4 hours approx
- Lunch break – 1 hour.
- Ascend to Torna 2 hours approx.
- Short break - 1 hour.
- Descend towards Bhatti village – 2 hours approx.
- Bhatti village to Mohiri village by arranged vehicle – 30 min approx.
- Dinner break - 1 hour.
- Rest in tents at Bhatti village
- Wake up call - 5:30 a.m.
- Fresh up & breakfast - 1 hour.
- descent trek from Boratyachi Naal to Pane village– 6 hours approx.
- Lunch break – 2 hours.
- Trek towards Raigad base - 2 hours approx.
- Rest for the day at Pachad village.
- Wake-up call - 5:30 a.m.
- Fresh up & breakfast - 1 hour.
- Ascend Raigad fort- 2 hours approx.
- explore Raigad fort- 2 hours approx.
- Descend Raigad fort- 2 hours approx.
- Ascend & explore Raigad fort- 4 hours approx.
- Lunch Break - 1 hour.
- The return journey to Pune/ Mumbai.
- Pune participants will be taking a ST bus from Mangaon.
Price: ₹3600 (From Mumbai)/ ₹3200 (From Pune)
- Inclusive of transport from Mumbai/Pune by hired NON-AC vehicle
- Breakfast, Veg Lunch, Veg dinner, tent stay on DAY1;
- Breakfast, Veg Lunch, Veg dinner, tent/ Dorm stay on DAY2
- Breakfast, Veg Lunch on Day 3.
- Internal permits.
- Our Team Expertise.
Excluded: snacks/ lunch break during travel, Cool drinks, or any personal expenses.
Registration Process:Step 1: Book Your Seat
- Visit the event website and book your seat by completing the registration process.
Step 2: Fill Mandatory Disclaimer Form
- After payment confirmation, participants will receive a participation disclaimer form.
- Fill up the form accurately to provide necessary information.
- Compliance with the disclaimer is mandatory for participation.
Step 3: WhatsApp Group Creation
- A WhatsApp group will be created in the evening on the day of the trek departure.
- All registered participants will be added to the group.
- This group serves as a platform for communication, updates, and coordination among participants.
Water (Minimum 3 liters): Staying hydrated is crucial. Consider a durable water bottle or a hydration bladder.
Sleeping Bag & Sleeping Mat: For insulation from the cold ground and a comfortable night's sleep.
Cap/Hat & Buff/Bandana: Protects your head and neck from sun and wind.
Winter Clothing:Fleece Jacket/Sweater: Provides warmth and insulation. Beanie Cap: Keeps your head warm in cold weather.
Cutlery like Tiffin Box, Spoon & Glass.
Food Items:Fruits, Dry Fruits, Energy Bars, Healthy Snacks: Nutritious and easy-to-carry snacks for energy.
Toiletry Kit: Includes toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, etc.
Sunscreen Lotion: Protects your skin from UV rays.
Extra Clothes:Quick-dry Clothes: Lightweight and easy to dry. Extra Pair of Socks: Keep your feet dry and warm.
Flip Flops: For relaxing and letting your feet breathe during travel, at campsites.
Head Torch/Torch with Spare Batteries: Essential for visibility in the dark.
Compact Foldable Backpack (Optional): Convenient for day trips and short hikes.
Hiking Pole: Provides support and balance while walking on uneven terrain.
Personal Medicines: Carry necessary medications and a basic first aid kit.
Identity Proof: For emergencies and identification purposes.
- Mandatory Disclaimer Form:Accurate details in the online disclaimer form are mandatory. Inaccurate details will require refilling; no exceptions will be made.
- ID Card Requirement:Participants must bring an ID card for safety purposes.
- Punctuality:Respect the schedule and other participants' time; avoid causing delays.
- Parental Consent for Under 18:Participants under 18 years old must have parental consent to participate.
- Itinerary Modifications/Cancellations:Participants will be informed in advance about any itinerary changes or event cancellations due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Weather and Organizer Authority:We have the right to cancel, postpone, or relocate the event due to unexpected weather changes.
- Expense Responsibility:Participants are responsible for expenses not mentioned in the event fees.
- Misconduct and Prohibited Activities:Misconduct will not be tolerated. Strictly no alcohol consumption, smoking, or any kind of intoxication. Participants must refrain from playing loud music or teasing animals during the trek.
- Respect for Customs/Traditions:Respect local customs and traditions when visiting religious places.
- Personal Hygiene:Avoid using deodorant or perfume on the trek day. Strictly adhere to Leave No Trace principles; do not litter plastic.
- Facility Information:Washroom facilities are available at the hotel at Moroshi. Participants should exercise caution when hiking through forest areas.
- Group Coordination and Cooperation:Participants should coordinate, maintain discipline, and work together as a team. Appreciate cooperative behavior with fellow participants.
- Safety Disclaimer:While safety is a priority, the Ramblersindia team and designated trek leaders are not responsible for severe injuries or fatalities.
- Payment and Registration:Participants are responsible for bearing convenience fees charged by payment gateways. No concession for availing limited service or bringing own tent. No group discounts are applicable.
- Mandatory Disclaimer Form:Registered participants must fill the online disclaimer form accurately. Inaccurate details may require refilling, causing potential delays.
- Age Requirement:Participants under 18 years must have parental consent to participate.
- Third-Party Payment Gateways: We utilize third-party payment gateways to simplify the registration process. The convenience fee, along with the main event fee, is included and will be displayed at checkout. This fee is to be borne by the customer.
- Transaction Confirmation: Participants paying through UPI/NEFT to our current account (where the convenience fee is nil) must provide the transaction reference via email/WhatsApp for confirmation.
- Group Discount: Group discounts are not applicable for this event.
- Service Availment: No concessions or discounts will be provided if participants choose not to avail of specific services offered during the event.
- Withdrawal: If a participant withdraws from the event after registration, carry forward of the amount is not available. Refunds will be provided as per the refund policy in place at the time of withdrawal.
- Refund Medium: Refunds will be processed through the same medium the payment has been made.
- Processing Time: Refunds may take between 3 to 10 working days to be processed. If the amount hasn't been refunded within this period, the paid recipient needs to check with the payment gateway support for assistance.
- UPI and Current Account Payments: Refunds will be processed within 2 days and instantly transferred if paid through UPI or transferred to our current account.
- Refund Issuance: Refunds will not be issued in cash or coupons unless agreed upon with the participant. A refund receipt will be issued for documentation purposes.
- Exclusion of Convenience Fee: Refunds exclude the convenience fee. This is applicable for those who paid through third-party channels or payment gateways, which includes an extra convenience fee. For instance, if the event price is 1000 and the convenience fee is 5%, making the total paid amount 1050, during the refund, only the event fee of 1000 will be considered, excluding the convenience fee.
- Refund Percentages:60% refund for cancellation three days or more before the event. 50% refund for cancellation two days before the event. 40% refund for cancellation one day before the event. 30% refund on the day of the event. No refund for a no-show.
- Event Cancellation: Full event fee refunds will be provided if the event is canceled, excluding the convenience fee.
R2R Range trek from mumbai
Inclusive of transport from Mumbai by hired NON-AC vehicle; Breakfast, Veg Lunch, Veg dinner, tent stay on DAY1; Breakfast, Veg Lunch, Veg dinner, tent stay/ Dorm stay on DAY2; Breakfast, Veg Lunch on Day 3.₹3,600.00
R2R Range Trek from Pune
Inclusive of transport from Pune by hired NON-AC vehicle; Mangoan to Pune on Day 3, Breakfast, Veg Lunch, Veg dinner, tent stay on DAY1; Breakfast, Veg Lunch, Veg dinner, tent stay/ Dorm stay on DAY2; Breakfast, Veg Lunch on Day 3.₹3,200.00