Fri, 10 Nov|
Bhairavgad Moroshi trek
▪️Thrilling overhang climb ▪️Rappelling ▪️Certified Climbing Gear ▪️Magnificent views of the Konkan mountain ranges▪️
Time & Location
10 Nov, 11:30 pm – 11 Nov, 10:30 pm
Ajanawale, Malshej Ghat, Ajanawale, Maharashtra 421401, India
About the Event
A thrilling trek to the Bhairavgad, near Moroshi, Maharashtra. A dyke structure with no remains on the fort with a couple of water cisterns on the path. Much of the history is unknown about the fort but it appears to be a water tower for the trade routes. The structure has rock-cut steps which are broken at a few places with steep valley exposure. From the summit, we could see Naneghat, Harishchandragad Konkan Kada, taramati, balekilla, and a few more mountains.
In 2012, SCI has rebolted the traditional trekking route on the east side where many rock-cut steps were ruined along with the west-facing rock climbing route.
We intend to start the trek once we reach Moroshi and reach the base of the bhairavgad dyke structure by early morning, set up a fixed line on the bolts from the base to the summit, give a technical briefing and start the climb till the summit traversing through the rock-cut steps, there will be a climb at one overhang rock patch. Once we reach the summit we get a chance to witness the beautiful Sahyadri ranges. Later we descend through the same route and rappel down from the overhang patch to the base of the structure. Then hike through the plateau and descend down towards Moroshi.
Attractions of the trek:
- Thrilling overhang climb
- Certified safety equipment for every individual
- Magnificent views of the Konkan mountain ranges.
Grade: Hard, Endurance: Moderate, Highest Elevation: 850M, Trek Distance: 8 KM Approx.
Not recommended for those having fear of heights.
- Depart by hired vehicle from Dadar East TT circle at 11:30 PM with pickup points at Amar Mahal, Kanjurmarg, Bhandup, Thane & Kalyan. ( exact locations will be shared with the registered participants)
- Reach Moroshi - 03:00 AM tentatively
- Freshen up & Breakfast - 1 hour.
- Introduction & Event Briefing - 15 minutes.
- Ascent trek to Bhairavgad pinnacle base - 2 hours approx.
- Technical briefing - 15 minutes.
- Climb the Bhairavgad dyke structure broken rock cut step route - 1 hour.
- Relax at the summit - 25 minutes.
- Climb down and rappelling to the base of the dyke structure - 1 hour.
- Descent trek to Moroshi - 2 hours approx.
- Lunch break at Moroshi - 1 hour.
- The return journey to Mumbai - 4 hours.
Inclusive of transport from Mumbai by hired NON-AC seater vehicle, certified climbing gear for every individual, Breakfast, Veg Lunch, First-Aid, and our expertise.
Excluded: personnel expenses like cold drinks, snacks, packaged water bottles.
How to Register:
Step -1: Book your seat through online payment on our website or manual payment like Gpay to our UPI ID/ NEFT to RamblersIndia Current Account.
Step-2: After seat confirmation, you will be requested to fill up the Mandatory participation disclaimer form and select the preferable pickup location.
Step -3: Now your participation is confirmed & we will create a WhatsApp group on the day of the event for coordination.
What to Wear:
- Trekking shoes/ hiking boots.
- Full sleeve synthetic/ polyester t-shirt/ shirt.
- Full-length hiking trousers/ track-pant.
Things to Carry:
Pack the following things in a hiking daypack:
- Minimum 2 liters of water.
- Food items like fruits, dry fruits, energy bars, healthy snacks.
- Cap, Bandana.
- Spare set of clothes, extra pair of socks (pack them in a separate bag).
- Toiletry kit, sunscreen lotion & mosquito repellent.
- Windcheater/ Sweater, flip flops during travel.
- Litter bag for non-biodegradable (plastic) litter.
- Spare face masks, Hand Sanitizer.
- Personal medicines.
- Identity Proof.
- After payment, a registered participant will need to fill up the mandatory disclaimer online form with accurate details else will be asked to refill by the event host.
- Every individual needs to take proper care of the equipment provided during the event from wear and tear.
- An amount will be charged based on the equipment age if there is any damage or loss/ theft of the individual equipment gear provided in the event.
- Please do not cause delay and cause inconvenience for others and impact the schedule.
- Under 18 years of age must take the consent of the parents for participation.
- Participants will be notified before when the itinerary is modified/the event gets canceled due to any unforeseen circumstances.
- If there is any unexpected change in weather during the event, we have the right to cancel/postpone or arrange at an alternate location.
- Participants are liable to bear/pay for the expenses that are not mentioned in the expenses.
- The event schedule may delay or advance due to unforeseen conditions, hence timings aren't mentioned except for the event start, end time.
- Alcohol consumption/smoking tobacco/weed is strictly prohibited. Will be expelled from the event if found in consumption.
- Please do not litter any plastic (biscuit pack covers, candy wrappers, etc). We are highly committed to a zero trace policy.
- The washroom facility is available at Moroshi.
- Participants should coordinate, be disciplined and align together as a team during the event.
- Please do not expect luxury facilities and appreciate being cooperative with fellow ramblers.
- Though we assure safety as a top priority, event organizers are not responsible for any severe injuries or fatalities.
- No group discount is applicable.
- No concession for bringing own safety gear like climbing helmet, harness, etc.
- We rely on third-party payment gateways to make the registration process simple and easy, it also includes the convenience fee along with the event fee which is to be borne by the participant during check out.
- Refer to the Payment & Refund Policy on our website.
- No refund will be provided if the participant doesn't show up on the day of the event.
Bhairavgad with RamblersIndia
Inclusive of transport from Mumbai by hired NON-AC seater vehicle, certified climbing gear for every individual, Breakfast, Veg Lunch, First-Aid, and our expertise. Excluded: personnel expenses like cold drinks, snacks, packaged water bottles.